OADM142 Basic Applications of Microsoft Excel
Department of Business Studies: Office Administration
- I. Course Number and Title
- OADM142 Basic Applications of Microsoft Excel
- II. Number of Credits
- 1 credit
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- This course is offered only in the TOTAL Lab.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course is designed for students wishing to master the fundamentals of Microsoft Excel. Students acquire a working knowledge of Excel with emphasis on creating, modifying, and formatting worksheets; performing calculations; developing and formatting workbooks; and applying formulas, charts, and graphs in spreadsheets.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- develop, modify, format, and print a worksheet; and
- apply formulas, charts, and graphs in spreadsheets.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- getting started
- modifying a worksheet
- performing calculations
- formatting a worksheet
- developing a workbook
- printing a workbook
- applying formulas, charts, and graphs in a spreadsheet
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsThe assessment of course learning goals is based on creating a variety of performance based tasks or projects using Excel software.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 5/04; Revised 1/2010; Revised 4/2013; New Core 8/2015