REAL101 Real Estate Fundamentals
Department of Business Studies: Business Studies Department Archive
- I. Course Number and Title
- REAL101 Real Estate Fundamentals Course No Longer Offered
- II. Number of Credits
- 2 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- This course will utilize a learning management space to supplement course materials. Successful completion of REAL101 Real Estate Fundamentals and REAL102 Real Estate Practice is required to sit for the Pennsylvania Real Estate Salesperson License Examination.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This is a basic course designed to provide students with an overview of real estate practice in Pennsylvania. Students learn the language, principles, and laws governing the real estate profession, with an emphasis on land, property rights in realty and practices, and the laws governing conveyance of these rights.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- Demonstrate an understanding of the language, principles and practices that govern the business of real estate in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania including aspects of setting up a business, ethical challenges and advertising; and
- Identify and explain the fundamentals of laws that govern the real estate profession in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania including the substantive and procedural law.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- Basic Concepts in the Field of Real Estate
- Real estate language
- Real estate law
- Property rights
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsExams, quizzes, classroom exercises, class or online participation, and/or projects as specified by the area faculty and described in the individual instructor's course syllabus will be utilized.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 6/99; New Core 8/2015; Revised 12/18/2015