OADM167 Basic Applications of Microsoft Outlook
Department of Business Studies: Office Administration
- I. Course Number and Title
- OADM167 Basic Applications of Microsoft Outlook
- II. Number of Credits
- 1 credit
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- V. Other Pertinent Information
Keyboarding skills and Windows familiarity recommended.
This course is offered only in the TOTAL Lab.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course is designed for students wishing to master the fundamentals of Microsoft Outlook to compose and send emails, schedule appointments and meetings, manage contact information and tasks, and use notes.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- compose and send email messages;
- schedule appointments and meetings;
- demonstrate an understanding of contact information and tasks; and
- demonstrate an understanding of the use of notes, files, and folders.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- setting up Outlook
- organizing Outlook contacts
- maintaining the Outlook calendar
- recording tasks and writing notes
- managing Outlook files and folders
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsThe assessment of course learning goals is based on tests and a final applications project.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 1/08; Revised 1/2010; Revised 4/2013; New Core 8/2015