OADM126 Word Perfect
Department of Business Studies: Office Administration
- I. Course Number and Title
- OADM126 Word Perfect
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- V. Other Pertinent Information
- This course is offered only in the TOTAL Lab.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- This course is designed for students who wish to learn the practical applications of the most recent version of WordPerfect. Emphasis is placed on mastering word processing functions, including creating, saving, using tools, formatting, and retrieving documents.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
- demonstrate an understanding of software application skills to produce and format business documents, such as letter, memos, and reports;
- prepare documents requiring special features, including headers, footers, footnotes, and endnotes;
- demonstrate an understanding of word processing support features such as Spell and AutoCorrect, Thesaurus, Grammar Check; and
- develop documents such as announcements and newsletters using WordPerfect software.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- creating, saving, and printing WordPerfect documents
- editing a document
- formatting text
- formatting documents
- managing documents
- changing documents
- changing fonts
- using writing tools
- manipulating tabs
- creating headers and footers and footnotes and endnotes
- manipulating text
- creating and formatting tables
- merging documents
- formatting with special features
- presenting text using special features
- inserting graphics
- creating graphic elements
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsThe assessment of course learning goals is based on objective tests and performance based tasks or projects.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 5/04; Revised 1/2010; New Core 8/2015