Vision, Mission, Goals and Values
We envision Bucks County Community College as a vibrant center for community engagement and learning, providing innovative paths that inspire educational, career, and personal fulfillment.
Bucks County Community College provides a diverse community of learners with exemplary, accessible educational opportunities and the personal connections that foster success.
To support our mission, we:
- Engage and support students in learning experiences that lead to academic excellence and provide a foundation for the pursuit of higher degrees and lifelong learning.
- Empower students with the skills and credentials to secure employment in their fields and the capability to adapt and respond to the changing needs of tomorrow’s workplace.
- Develop the critical thinking skills, broad-based knowledge, and the social, ethical, and civic responsibility of our students.
- Enrich the intellectual, cultural, and recreational life of the community.
Our Core Values
- a culture of learning that fosters continuous improvement
- excellence in teaching and service to students
- respect for the individual
- open-minded civil discourse
- diversity and an understanding of world cultures
- innovation and creativity
- responsible stewardship of resources
- ability to adapt to change
- service to the community
Strategic Directions and Goals for 2014-2019:
Strategic Direction #1 – Maximize Student Success
- Empower Students to Achieve Academic Excellence
- Improve Students’ Ability to Complete Their Goals
- Support Students’ Entry to and Success in the Workplace
Strategic Direction #2 – Ensure a Quality Experience
- Promote Excellence in Teaching and Service
- Effectively Manage Resources
- Provide an Environment Conducive to Learning
Strategic Direction #3 – Lead with Innovative and Responsive Education
- Address Market Needs
- Communicate Value
- Support Innovation