Vision, Mission, Goals and Values
Bucks County Community College will be a center for innovative educational opportunities with a global reputation for learning earned by the success of our students and the integrity and expertise of our faculty and staff.
The Mission of Bucks County Community College is to provide to the County's diverse population of learners comprehensive educational, training, and cultural opportunities that are accessible, affordable and convenient, and that will equip them to be successful and effective in their work and as citizens of the world.
- Engage students in an academic experience that prepares them for successful pursuit of higher degrees and lives of lifelong learning.
- Equip students with the skills to secure employment in their fields, and the knowledge to readily adapt and respond to the changing needs of tomorrow's workplace.
- Provide support and services to help students reach academic success.
- Develop the social and ethical responsibility of our students.
- Continue to improve our teaching, learning, service, and technical expertise.
- Enrich the intellectual, cultural, and recreational life of the community.
- respect for the individual
- continuous learning, which fosters success in and out of the classroom
- excellence in teaching and the work we do
- innovation and creativity
- responsiveness and open-mindedness
- diversity and an understanding of world cultures
- collaboration with colleagues, business leaders, community members, and other educators
- responsible stewardship of resources
- excellence in service to our students, the community and each other
- a culture that fosters continuous improvement