Skills You Need for Success in eLearning and Hybrid Courses
Time Management: The biggest factor for your success is the ability to manage time wisely. Effective time management is crucial.
Focus: The next most critical factor is the ability to stay on task. You must be able to set a goal and stick to it. Most students take eLearning and hybrid courses because their schedules are too busy to attend conventional face-to-face classes. Online classes require your time and attention. Staying on-task and on-time will make all the difference.
Check out the College's websites on Study Skills and Learning Styles to help you build the skills you need to succeed.
These resources will help with a number of other skills you should consider and develop as you approach learning, including:
- Know how you learn best (by doing, by reading, by listening, etc.) and adapt strategies that work to your advantage.
- Learn how to read a college text effectively.
- Learn test-taking strategies.
- Get help when you need it. Don't wait until time is short.
- Breaking tasks into meaningful chunks