Cisco Certified Network Associate Security
CCNA Security is designed for Networking Academy students seeking career-oriented, entry-level security specialist skills. Prospective students include individuals enrolled in technology degree programs at institutions of higher education and IT professionals who want to enhance their core routing and switching skills.
CCNA Security is a new release that includes CCNA Routing and Switching content and labs to allow students with Cisco CCENT-level skills to enroll in and successfully complete the CCNA Security curriculum.
Please note that Cisco Packet Tracer 6.1 is required for the CCNA Security curriculum. You can download the appropriate version of the Packet Tracer software from the Packet Tracer 6.1 resources folder on NetSpace after you have been successfully enrolled in the program.
Recognized by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) and the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) to meet the CNSS 4011 training standard.
Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) validates associate-level knowledge and skills required to secure Cisco networks. With a CCNA Security certification, a network professional demonstrates the skills required to develop a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats. The CCNA Security curriculum emphasizes core security technologies, the installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality and availability of data and devices, and competency in the technologies that Cisco uses in its security structure.
- Networking Security Concepts
- Common Security Threats
- Implementing AAA in CISCO IOS
- Mobile Device Management
- Fundamentals of Virtual Private Networks and Cryptography
- Fundamentals of IP Security
- Implementing IPsec site-to-site VPN's
- Implementing SSL VPN's using CISCO ASA
- Securing Layer 2 Technologies
- Network Foundation Protection
- Securing the Management Plan on CISCO IOS Devices
- Securing the Data Plane on IPv6
- Securing Routing Protocols and the Control Plane
- Understanding Firewall Fundamentals
- Implementing Cisco IOS Zone-Based Firewalls
- Configuring Basic Firewall Policies on Cisco ASA
- Cisco IDS/IPS Fundamentals
- Migration Technologies for E-Mail Based and Web-Based Threats
- Mitigation Policies for Endpoint Threats
Course # WITAC 1024
Total course hours: 70
Text:CCNA Security 210-260 Official Cert Guide 1st Edition, ISBN# 978-1587205668
Click here to register for this course.
For directions on how to register click here.
To request more info about any of our courses please contact us 215-968-8132 or firstname.lastname@example.org.