Metalworking Training Program
Are you mechanically inclined, like to work with your hands and looking for a quick-start career opportunity? The Metalwork Training Program includes theory and hands on skills assessment, and introduces participants to the fundamental concepts and skills required to be a machinist in the field of advanced manufacturing. Curriculum concentrates on shop math, measurement tools and systems, blueprint reading, safety, hand tools, manual machines, CNC machining and welding.
Earn eight stackable credentials in 12 weeks to prepare for entry-level positions in manufacturing. Get ready for a new career, with in-demand skills for good paying jobs. Individualized job placement assistance for students who complete all eight credentials.
Students will receive a certificate of completion, plus OSHA10 and Forklift Safety Training certification, and sit for the National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS) exam for Measurement, Materials, and Safety Certification.
This workforce training is funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration.
Next cohort starts January 23, 2017. Must attend information session to apply:
Tuesday, December 6 @ 1:00 PM or
Tuesday, December 13 @ 1:00 PM
Lower Bucks Campus Atrium, 1304 Veterans Highway, Bristol
To register, or for more information call: 267-685-4884 or email Bridget.Hughes@bucks.edu
- 12-Week, Monday-Thursday daytime classes
- Friday morning company tours
- Grant Funded – FREE for those who qualify
- Employer Driven, Entry Level
- Individual Job Placement Services, with high placement rate!
- Veterans Strongly Encouraged to Apply
Requirements for the program:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen/possess a Green Card
- Must be 18 years of age with a High School diploma or GED
- Must pass a drug screening, background check, and physical test
- Must have reliable transportation to commute to training and a variety of industry field trips
- Must be ready to work in Advanced Manufacturing
- Competitive based on screenings & employer interview
Next class starts January 23, 2017 and will be held at the Advanced Manufacturing Training Center in Bristol, Pennsylvania. This is a great opportunity to up-skill or re-tool for your future!
For more information contact Susan Herring, 215-968-8364 or Susan.Herring@bucks.edu.