VAMM209 Multimedia Concepts I
The Arts Department: Multimedia and Web Design
- I. Course Number and Title
- VAMM209 Multimedia Concepts I
- II. Number of Credits
- 3 credits
- III. Number of Instructional Minutes
- IV. Prerequisites
- VAMM100 (C or better) or permission of the Arts Department
- V. Other Pertinent Information
This studio course meets in a lab and will require the students to complete assignments using software.
The software is available in designated labs on campus.
- VI. Catalog Course Description
- Through lecture and studio work, students create multimedia projects. Students import or create video clips, sound bytes, still imagery, and copy; to produce a digital multimedia project. Graphic editing, video editing, and animation applications are used in this course.
- VII. Required Course Content and Direction
Course Learning Goals
Students will be able to:
- explain and use software application functions;
- manage and control resources using built-in features and actions;
- create a design plan for a multimedia project;
- compile or create resources required for the project;
- create a basic multimedia project using the appropriate tools for each function; and
- analyze projects through critiques, oral presentations, and discussions.
Planned Sequence of Topics and/or Learning Activities
- design a project that demonstrates their ability to:
- define and create appropriate user navigation;
- import resources needed to fulfill content requirements;
- manage multiple objects within a project; and
- edit multiple objects in graphic design, video editing, and animation applications.
- develop a multimedia project demonstrating:
- the skills needed to manipulate objects to create a message;
- understanding of multimedia applications and their functions in achieving design goals; and
- the use of effective project management skills.
Assessment Methods for Course Learning GoalsStudent assessment is based on the successful completion of assigned projects, the presentation of projects, and critiques.
Reference, Resource, or Learning Materials to be used by Student:Departmentally-selected text, as well as support materials created by the instructor, software developer, or department. See course syllabus.
Review/Approval Date - 12/04; Revised 6/09; Revised 4/2012; New Core 8/2015