Making a Referral
- If it is safe to do so, we recommend expressing your concerns directly to the student before and/or in addition to completing the alert form.
- If there is an emergency, please contact Bucks Security and Safety at 215-968-8911 (x8911 on campus)
For students who are concerned about a peer or friend, you may do the following:
- Contact Security and Safety or email@example.com
- Contact Counseling Services at 215-968-8189 (x8189 on campus) or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the Student Life Office at 215-968- 8257 (x8257 on camps) or email@example.com
- Any Bucks employees (faculty, staff, coach, librarian, tutor, etc)
What happens after you send a report?
- The Care Team received referrals via the “Alert Form”. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Bucks Care Team evaluates the reports and will reach out to the student of concern. The team may also reach out to the referring party for more information.
- The Associate Dean for Student Success and Retention in conjunction with the Care Team, will help coordinate campus resources and monitor the student’s progress.
- If a student is perceived to be at risk of harm to self or others, the Care Team with assistance from appropriate Bucks officials, will intervene with the student.
- The Care Team may determine that there is no need to take immediate action but will monitor the situation and concern.