Information for Parents + Family
Congratulations. Your family member is ready to take that next step -- pursuing an education that will have a positive and enduring impact on his or her future. Below are a few tips and links (in blue) to help you provide support and guidance:
- Student Support:A variety of support services are available to assist students in reaching their academic, personal and career goals. As an entering student, the following services may be of particular interest.
- Accessibility Services: Bucks is committed to providing access to an equal education for students with documented disabilities.
- Career and Job Resources: Our Career Services office counsels students to help them make informed decisions about pursuing work they will find meaningful and fulfilling--and in finding work upon graduation.
- Financial Aid: Applying for financial aid can often be a daunting process. Check out our new FATV tutorials to guide you through the process. Changes in financial circumstances? Here's a handy link in case parents (or students) have an unexpected reduction in income and need financial aid to pay tuition.
- Transfer Services: Your Bucks education can easily become the foundation for a bachelor's degree at a four-year institution.
- Tutoring and Academic Resources: We provide tutorial services at no additional cost to students enrolled in such courses as math, accounting, computer science, writing, reading, study skills, English as a second language, and foreign languages.
- Affordable Tuition and Payment Options: Your college education is the best investment you'll ever make in your future.
- Bookstore: Our college bookstore offers online searching and purchasing for textbooks, apparel, and supplies.
- Key Dates and Deadlines: The Academic Calendar keeps you apprised of key dates and deadlines regarding registration, add/drop, withdrawal from courses, and tuition payments.
- Student Life and Athletics: The Office of Student Life and Athletics provides a variety of social and educational opportunities designed to connect and engage students in college life.
- Athletics: We are a non-scholarship Division III college participating in two athletic conferences: the Eastern Pennsylvania Collegiate Conference (EPCC) and the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA)
- Early Learning Center: This licensed and accredited day care center for toddlers and preschoolers offers a carefully prepared learning environment, with a wholehearted respect for children and a belief in their abilities.
- Security and Safety: Our trained officers patrol campus buildings and grounds on a daily basis to ensure the safety of our students and college community. Register for parking permits online.
- Cultural events: There's more to Bucks than classroom learning or student activities. Join us for art's sake, at any number of events during the year.
- Social Networking: There are so many ways to connect and keep in touch with what's happening via facebook, twitter, and more; also visit the college calendar.
- Locations throughout Bucks County: Join us at locations throughout Bucks county--or from the keyboard of your computer, with online courses.
- Questions? Us the online Chat forum located on this page or fill out the Contact Us form and we'll get right back to you.
To our international community: Our website can be translated into many languages. Just go to the bottom right of each page, and select yours! If you need further assistance in translating our materials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice of Non-Discrimination - www.bucks.edu/policy