University of the Sciences Contact Information
Assistant Director of Transfer Admission
University of the Sciences
600 S. 43rd St.
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Terms of the Agreement
- Students who complete the A.A. or A.S. degree at Bucks in a designated major, are using the below program guides, and admitted to USciences will enter with junior status and are assured transfer credit as indicated. Courses not included in the guides will be evaluated by USciences on a course-by-course basis.
- The minimum cumulative GPA required for admission to each degree program covered under the terms of this agreement is provided.
- A minimum grade of “C” is required to transfer a course to USciences, except as noted. Students who do not meet the minimum grade requirement(s) stated can still transfer under the terms of this articulation agreement, subject to USciences departmental review and approval.
- The courses encompassed in the A.A. or A.S. degree at Bucks must be completed within the 3 years immediately preceding matriculation at USciences. Students who take more than 3 years to complete the A.A. or A.S. degree can still transfer under this articulation agreement, subject to USciences departmental review and approval.
- USciences will accept a maximum of 90 credits in transfer from Bucks.
- Bucks credits earned through Prior Learning Assessment will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- The student must meet all applicable USciences requirements and deadlines pertaining to application for admission and payment of tuition and fees.
- Students are strongly encouraged to complete the “USciences Letter of Intent” form at least one year prior to transferring to USciences.
- Only students who have graduated from Bucks with the associate degree specified by the time of their matriculation to USciences will be covered by the terms of this agreement. For Bucks students who do not graduate with the associate degree specified, USciences will determine appropriate transfer of credit on a course-by-course basis.
- Students transferring under this agreement will be eligible for financial aid and housing on the same basis as other USciences students. Transfer scholarships and Phi Theta Kappa scholarships are available to assist qualified transfer students.
- USciences will waive the application fee for students who apply to USciences pursuant to this agreement.
- At least 30 credits must be completed in-residence at a USciences campus. At least half of these credits must be upper division courses required by the major (i.e. 300 level or above).
- Biology (A.S. 1003) into
- Business (A.A. 1009) into Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business (B.S.)
- Chemistry (A.S. 1004) into
- Engineering (A.S. 1028) into
- Liberal Arts General (A.A. 1002) into Humanities and Science (B.S.)
- Mathematics (A.S. 1006) into Physics (General, Material Science, Astrophysics) (B.S.)
- Pre-Allied Health (A.S. 1105) into
- Psychology Pre-professional (A.A. 1060) into Psychology (B.S.)
- Science (A.S. 1117) into
Direct Entry Agreement (Pharmacy - PharmD)
- Up to 5 students can be selected to enter into the First Professional Year (P1) of the PharmD program.
- Student who complete the A.S. in Biomedical Sciences as specified in the transfer guide and the below criteria will enter into the First Professional Year (P1) of the PharmD program and are assured transfer credit as indicated.
- Courses need to be taken within three years immediately preceding matriculation at USciences.
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 and a minimum of Math/Science GPA of 2.5.
- Earn a minimum pf a grade of "C" in Bucks courses considered for transfer in the PharmD Program.
- Earn a minimum PCAT score of 25.
- Pass the Professional Education Readiness Admission Test (Perc) interview
- Complete all of the remaining admissions criteria, which includes a Statement of Personal and Professional Goals and an Academic Integrity Affidavit.
- Complete the Letter of Intent.
- Submit an application to the UScience PharmD program through the online Pharmacy College Application Services (PharmCAS).
Professional Bridge Agreement (Pre-Physical Therapy)
- Up to 3 students can be selected.
- Student who complete the A.S. in Biomedical Sciences as specified in the below guide and are admitted in to University of the Sciences will enter with Junior status and are assured transfer credit as indicated
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA:
- Physical Therapy: minimum 3.0 math/science GPA required and students must meet the DPT Essential Functions and Technical Standards.
- Courses must be completed within 3 years immediately preceding matriculation at USciences.
- A maximum of 90 credits will be accepted.
- Complete the Letter of Intent.
- At Least 24 credits must be completed in-residence at a USciences campus as part of the professional bridge program prior to entering the first professional year.
Reverse Transfer Agreement
Bucks County Community College (Bucks) and University of the Sciences have entered into a partnership that allows students to complete their community college associate degree program by the reverse transfer of college credits, concurrent with the enrollment at University of the Sciences. Students need to have completed at least 45 credits at Bucks and fill out the following forms to be eligible.
Find out moreSubmit the below forms: