Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Exam
Testing through the Fall and the Spring semester will be from home. Pearson Vue offers this service 24/7 except some holidays. A Pearson Vue employee proctors the at-home test exam using the secure browser and other technology. The cost of the exam is $85. Please follow the steps below to register for your at home test.
QUICK REGISTRATION GUIDE
- Complete your contact information by clicking on the link below for the date range in which you would like to take the test.
- Once registration closes, we will provide PSB with your contact information. You will then receive a PSB Test Pre-Registration email within 1 business day after the registration deadline. Please check your spam/junk folders if you have not received the e-mail.
- Do NOT use a mobile device to attempt to register or test, that will not work
- Use the link in the email form to pre-register and make your $85 payment, then save the private access code from that email for use later (in step 8).
- Wait for an Authorization to Test email that should arrive within one business day. Please check your spam/junk folders if you have not received the e-mail.
- When the Authorization to Test email is received, confirm that the name of the Authorized Candidate exactly matches the ID you will present to the test proctor. If not, contact PSB at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If the Authorized Candidate name matches with your ID, then gather that name, the PSB ID in the Authorization to Test email and the private access code saved from the PSB email.
- Go to the link in the email, http://www.pearsonvue.com. Then do the following:
- Click on "For Test-Takers" at the top.
- Click "Schedule an exam" in the dropdown.
- Find "Ready, Set, Test" and enter PSB in the box beside it, then click on "Psychological Services Bureau (PSB)"when displayed.
- Click "Create account"
- Enter the first and last name of the authorized candidate, the PSB ID and the private access code when asked for it.
- Following these steps should create your PearsonVUE account successfully and allow you to schedule the exam.
** Do not use a mobile device to register or to test, that will not work. Please use a laptop or computer you will take the test with for both.
APPLICANTS MUST CONTACT email@example.com if they encounter any problems with scheduling.
Test Date Time Frames
If you should not pass the exam, the waiting period to retake your exam is as follows:
- LPN Exam: 4 weeks from your original exam date
You are required to have a current, not expired, official, signature-bearing photo identification to the test site. Photocopies of identification will NOT be accepted. Examples of proper identification include:
- Driver’s license
- State-issued identification card
- School-issued identification card
- Alien registration card
- U.S. Passport Card accepted without signature
The name on your identification must be the same as the name you used to register for the examination, including suffixes. If your name has changed, you must log on to your account at least nine (9) calendar days prior to your scheduled exam and follow the instructions you are given there. Be prepared to provide official government documentation of the name change.
If you have don't have proper identification, you will not be allowed to test, and your examination fee will not be refunded.
Testing Fee: The fee for the exam is $85.00 and is payable during the online registration process.
Once payment of exam fees is received, NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED.
If you provide at least 48 hours advance notice, you may reschedule one (1) time, without penalty charges, and your fee may be transferred to your new examination date. You may not give your examination reservation to another person.
We understand unexpected situations occur and will conisder excusing an absence fro a scheduled examination for the following reasons:
- Illness of yourself or a member of your immediate family
- Death in the family
- Disabling traffic accident
- Court appearance or jury duty
- Military duty
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
SECURITY AND CHEATING
If you give help to or receive help from anyone during the examination, the examination will be stopped. The incident will be reported to the DSHS for review, and your examination will not be scored (see Testing Policies). Please note that all examination questions, each form of the examination, and all other examination materials are copyrighted by and the property of PearsonVUE. Consequently, any distribution of the examination content or materials through any form of reproduction, or through oral or written communication, is strictly prohibited and punishable by law. Anyone who removes or tries to remove examination materials or information from the test site will be prosecuted.
LPN PREPARATION INFORMATION
1) Sample questions for exam preparation may be found at http://psbtests.com/test-resources/#Sample%20Questions
2) Choose APNE Sample Questions.
If you feel you need more assistance with preparation, there are a variety of GED study guides that can be used found at any library or bookstore. Select the one that best addresses your areas of weakness. These study guides will cover far more material than is on the LPN test but will have many sample questions, answers, and explanations.
PRACTICAL NURSING PROGRAM FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
FOR ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS regarding the Practical Nursing Program, PLEASE VISIT
Director, Practical Nursing Program
Administrative Assistant, Health Sciences