Clubs and Organizations
Getting involved at college is a great way to explore your interests, make new friends, test your leadership potential, network, and build a resume that is oozing job marketability. Some of our programs are strictly for entertainment or recreation, while others are created by what is happening in our community or in the world.
Ways to Join Student Organizations
- Look at the list of clubs and organizations.
- Fill out the club interest form. Your information will be sent to the Student Life and Athletic Programs Office and to the club leadership. The club leadership or Club Advisor should contact you.
- Contact the group and introduce yourself using the Clubs and Organizations list on the Bucks website.
- Visit a club recruitment fair. In the second or third week of each semester, student groups set up tables to recruit members. Dates and times will be advertised on flyers and the My Bucks Portal.
- If you don't hear from a club contact, please email Carol Brandt in the Student Life at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can Join Bucks Clubs and Organizations?
- All currently enrolled Bucks students.
Is there a time of year when I can join something?
- No! You can join a club anytime of the year. Contact the Student Life Office 215-968-8257 or StudentLife@bucks.edu if you have specific questions about a group.
I have an idea for a club. Can I start a new club or organization?
- Yes! There are few restrictions involved in forming new student clubs.
Here is the basic process:
- You must completely fill out all paperwork from the Student Life Office.
- You must find a full or part time faculty or staff member to act as the official advisor.
- You must create a Constitution.
- You must gain approval by a majority vote by the Student Government Association to obtain status as an officially recognized student organization of Bucks.
My group isn't official yet, but I want to reserve a room and hold an event to build my membership. Is that allowed?
- No. An organization must be officially recognized by the Student Government and the College prior to requesting and utilizing College facilities for activity purposes. The College will establish priority for use of its facilities.