Rider University Contact Information
Assistant Director of Transfer and CCS Admissions
2083 Lawrenceville Road
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
Telephone: 609-896-5000 x. 7159
- Scholarships Rider University
- See below for specific scholarships related to agreements.
- PTK Scholarships:
If you are a member of Phi Theta Kappa, you can also receive a PTK scholarship. This annually renewable award of $2,000 - with a maximum three-year value of $6,000 - is made in addition to Rider's academic scholarships and grants. For full details, visit www.rider.edu/finaid.
Guaranteed Transfer Agreement with Bucks
Rider University will guarantee transfer admission, waiver of application fee, acceptance of all credits which count toward the Associate of Arts degree and meet Rider University equivalents, and grant full junior status to all graduates of Bucks A.A. programs in the related majors identified in the agreement (contact Advising and Transfer Services for current list of applicable majors):
- notify Rider of their intentions while enrolled at Bucks County Community College by filling out the Rider Intent Form by 30 college level credits,
- followed applicable Rider University prescribed course selections while completing Bucks program requirements, and
- earn a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 (unless otherwise specified.)
|TRANSFER SCHOLARSHIPS AND GRANTS FOR FULL TIME STUDENTS*|
|Description||Total Amount||Transfer GPA Required|
|$17,000 Transfer Scholarship + PTK||$19,000||3.50-4.0|
|$17,000 Transfer Scholarship||$17,000||3.50-4.0|
|$15,000 Transfer Scholarship + PTK||$17,000||3.00-3.49|
|$15,000 Transfer Scholarship||$15,000||3.00-3.49|
|$12,000 Transfer Scholarship + PTK||$14,000||2.75-2.99|
|$12,000 Transfer Scholarship||$12,000||2.75-2.99|
|$10,000 Transfer Scholarship + PTK||$12,000||2.50-2.74|
|$10,000 Transfer Scholarship||$10,000||2.50-2.74|
|*Part time students can take advantage of affordable per-credit tuition rates and scholarship opportunities offered through the College of Continuing Studies|
To be considered for one of Rider's transfer academic scholarships, you must:
- Submit a completed application for admission by December 1 for Spring term admission and April 1 for Fall term admission, include fee, essay, one letter of recommendation and all official transcripts;
- Be regularly admissible to the University as a full-time student;
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 on a 4.0 scale, based on all college level work;
- Have completed at least 12 credits of coursework at the college level
Program to Program Agreements/Advising Guides
- Biology (AA. 1003) to Biology (BS)
- Business Administration (AA. 1009) to Business Adminstration (BS), Finance (BS), and Global Supply Chain Management (BSBA)
- Chemistry (AA. 1104) to Chemistry (BS)
- Communications Studies (AA. 1120) to Communication Studies (BA)
- Criminal Justice (AA. 1189) to Criminal Justice (BA)
- Journalism (AA. 1045) to Journalism (BA)
- Neuroscience (AA. 1194) to Behavioral Neuroscience (BS)
- Nursing (AA. 2035) to Nursing (RN-BSN)
- Psychology Pre-professional (AA. 1060) to Psychology (BA)
- Sport Management (AA, 1154) to Sport Management (BS)
Honors@Bucks to Honors Program Agreement
- FOR STUDENTS ENTERING BUCKS FALL 2015
- Rider University will guarantee transfer admission; waiver of application fee; acceptance of all credits earned with a grade of C or better that count toward the Associate degree earned with honors and meet Rider University equivalents; and full junior status to all Associate degree earned with honors graduates in good standing.
- Honors Eligibility Criteria for Bucks County Community College Honors@Bucks students:
- The Honors@Bucks transfer student must complete the Associate degree and meet all academic criteria at Bucks.
- To obtain a Bucks Associate degree with Honors, the Bucks student must have a minimum of 18 honors credits, with at least 9 in dedicated honors sections, and have an overall GPA of 3.25 or higher and a 3.0 or higher in all honors courses.
- The Honors@Bucks transfer student should declare their participation in Rider’s BHP while enrolled at Bucks by completing the Rider Intent Form. (Note: The application should be submitted to the Rider Baccalaureate Honors Program(BHP) before they have completed 30 credits at Bucks to maximize the efficiency of their transfer to Rider University.)
- The Honors@Bucks transfer student must apply for transfer admission by the normal Rider transfer application deadline.
- Honors Eligibility Criteria for Rider University Honors students:
- 24 Honors credits, including the 3-credit capstone or senior thesis, are required for the BHP diploma. Students must earn an overall GPA of at least a 3.3 as well as a minimum 3.3 GPA in the eight (8) required honors courses, including the senior capstone.
- Rider University students must fulfill eight (8) total “Experiences”, to include at least 4 BHP courses and one (1) capstone. Bucks transfer students with an Honors Associate degree may count 3 Bucks Honors courses toward this total of 8 Experiences. To complete BHP at Rider, the Bucks transfer student will need to complete at least 4 BHP seminars, plus a BHP capstone. Bucks County Community College transfer students must earn a grade of “B” of higher in their first two Honors seminars at Rider to remain in the Honors Program at Rider University.
- Rider University students must maintain an overall GPA of at least a 3.3, as well as a minimum 3.3 GPA in Rider’s Honors courses including the senior capstone.
- Honors@Bucks students, following completion of the Bucks-Rider Guaranteed Transfer Admission Intent to Enroll Form, have the option to take a BHP course at Rider that counts toward the Rider degree at no charge. This course will allow the Bucks student to experience first-hand the academic environment in the honors program at Rider, and upon successful completion, the course will count toward the student’s eventual satisfaction of the BHP requirements. Bucks Honors students will be able to select a course in consultation with the Rider BHP Director. Courses can be selected after the end of the first full week of Rider’s registration period, and course options are subject to space availability.