Delaware Valley University Contact Information
Transfer Coordinator/Asst. Director of Admissions
Delaware Valley University
700 East Butler Avenue
Doylestown, PA 18901
Phone: (215) 489-2296
- Delaware Valley University Transfer Facts - Day Student
- Delaware Valley University Transfer Facts - Nontraditional
Transfer Scholarships for the 2013-14 academic year for all qualified students admitted to DelVal pursuant to the Guaranteed Transfer Admissions Agreement below.
Full-time students (enrolled in 12 or more credits a semester) who graduate with a 3.5 - 4.0 final Bucks GPA will receive a $19,500 annual scholarship.
Full-time students (enrolled in 12 or more credits a semester) who graduate with a 3.0 - 3.49 final Bucks GPA will receive a minimum of $18,500 annual scholarship.
Full-time students (enrolled in 12 or more credits a semester) who graduate with a 2.5 - 2.99 final Bucks GPA will receive a minimum of $16,000 annual scholarship.
Full-time students (enrolled in 12 or more credits a semester)who graduate with a 2.0 - 2.49 final Bucks GPA will receive a minimum of $13,000 annual scholarship.
All scholarships may be renewed each year continugent upon the student's remaining in good academic standing at DelVal.
To qualify for this annual scholarship, students must meet the following requirements:
- Graduate from Bucks with an associate degree
- Apply, be accepted and enroll in Delaware Valley University as a full-time, undergraduate student
- Maintain or exceed GPA requirements
- Sign an agreement that acknowledges a clear understanding of the scholarship requirements
Terms of the Transfer Agreement
Students who are awarded a Bucks A.A, A.S, or A.A.S are eligible for the Core to Core Agreement. This means that Delaware Valley University will accept the general education (Core) requirements embedded in a Bucks degree. This agreement is not limited to those students who sign the below Intent Form. Students who change their major may be required to take appropriate prerequistes either at Delaware Valley University or at Bucks.
Guaranteed Transfer Admissions/Program-to-Program Agreements with Bucks
Under the Guaranteed Transfer Admissions Agreement, Bucks students will be guaranteed admission into a parallel Bachelor's Degree program with third year (junior) status at Delaware Valley University on the condition that they do the following:
- Graduate from Bucks with an Associate of Arts degree in one of the designated programs. The agreement includes the following Bucks and parallel Delaware Valley University programs.
- A.A. Biology (1003) to B.S. DVU Biology
- A.A. Business Administration (1009) to B.S. DVU Business Administration
- A.A. Chemistry (1004) to B.S. DVU Chemistry
- A.A. Criminal Justice (1189) to B.S. DVU Criminal Justice
- A.A. Environmental Science (1188) to B.S. DVU Environmental Science
- A.A. Food Service Management (2101) to B.S. DVU Resaurant and Food Service Management
- A.A. Hospitality and Tourism Management (2022) to B.S. DVU Resaurant and Food Service Management
- A.A. Liberal Arts: General Emphasis (1002) to B.A. DVU English
- A.A. Liberal Arts: Psychology Pre-Professional (1060) to B.A. DVU Counseling Psychology
- A.A. Secondary Education – Biology (1169) to B.S. DVU Secondary Education Biology
- A.A. Secondary Education – Chemistry (1170) to B.S. DVU Secondary Education Chemistry
- Additional programs that are eligible are Cinema/Video Production (1181), Communication Studies (1120), Multimedia (1175), and Sport Management (1154). Guides are not yet available.
- Enroll at DVU within one year of Bucks graduation.
- Complete a "Guaranteed Transfer Admissions Bucks DVU Intent Form ."
- Meet all applicable DVU requirements and deadlines pertaining to application for admission, orientation, registration and payment of tuition and fees.
- Abide by the policies and procedures, and any revisions thereof that apply to all DVU students.
What this means
Seamless Transfer w/ Articulated Majors
- A full-time student admitted with third year (junior) status to DVU will be able to complete a Bachelor's Degree at DVU within four regular semesters provided that the student :
- completes the appropriate Associate Degree program requirements at Bucks, and
- completes and appropriately sequences the remaining required course work at DVU.
- The application fee will be waived for students who apply to Delaware Valley University as part of this agreement.
- Available scholarships as described above.
- It is expected that once matriculated a student complete all course work at Delaware Valley University.