Chatham University Contact Information
Gateway and Transfer Admission Counselor
A student enrolled in Bucks County Community College, who completes all requirements for the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree in a transfer program or college major applicable to the majors/degree programs offered at Chatham University with a GPA of 2.0 or higher, may transfer to Chatham University and may expect the following:
- To have all of the courses that are approved in the program of study and which carry a passing grade of C or higher accepted by Chatham University.
- To enjoy the same rights and privileges and observe the same regulation in the major department as continuing Chatham students in that department who are at junior level when the transfer student enters. Students transferring will also be treated on an equal basis with continuing Chatham students with regard to award and distribution of financial aid, campus housing, selection of courses and other student services.
- All credits transferred shall be placed into the student’s program of study at Chatham in accordance with the scheme of course classification in effect at Chatham University (i.e. general education curriculum, major requirements, general electives, etc.) Chatham University cannot guarantee that students who transfer under the provisions of this agreement will complete all the requirements at the University within two years or by earning an additional 60 – 64 credits at Chatham University.
- Students transferring in credits in addition to those earned through the Associate degree will have their additional credits and courses evaluated on a course-by-course basis as to their acceptability and application to major/and or general education requirements for the respective Bachelor Degrees offered by Chatham University.
- Students transferring prior to completion of the Associate Degree will have their credits and courses evaluated on a course-by-course basis as to their acceptability and application to major/and or general education requirements for the respective Bachelor Degrees offered by Chatham University.
- Students transferring in courses earned through Prior Learning Assessment at Bucks County Community College will have their credits and courses evaluated on a case-by-case basis according to Chatham University’s Prior Learning Assessment policies.
- Chatham University will provide Bucks County Community College with course equivalent information regarding Bucks County courses to facilitate student counseling, advisement, and appropriate educational planning.