Conduct A Job Search
Career Services Is here to help you...
Conduct Informational Interviews and/or Job Shadow with professionals in your chosen areas.
- Visit "Explore Careers," using the Career Cruising Guided Tour ; or
- Become a student member of a Professional Association in your career field and get involved to make networking contacts; or
- Use job search information to identify employers and contact the individuals working in the positions to conduct your own informational interviews; or
- Speak to your instructors and ask them to whom they suggest you speak.
Weigh your Options.
- Create a Pro's and Con's list for each potential Career you've chosen; and
- Discuss your list with academic advisors, career counselors, family members or friends; and
- If you determine that you need more information, contact the Career Services office.
Set Goals and make a Plan.
Your career goals may still not be crystal clear and that's OK!
- Set general long-term career goals, with dates; and
- Set specific short-term goals, with dates, so you can move forward until you decide; and
- Share your plan with academic advisors, career counselors, family members or friends; and
- Revisit your plans along the way, making adjustments if and when needed.
Visit the Bucks Career Resource Center located on the first floor of the Rollins Building on the Newtown campus, the libraries on campus or public libraries for a variety of books, periodicals and handouts.
|Career Services available:|
|Services are also available online at www.bucks.edu/careerservices|