What is a Non-Traditional Career?
A Non-Traditional career is one in which individuals of one gender comprise less than 25% of all individuals employed in that occupation. For example, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Paralegals by gender were 85.4% Women, thus making Paralegals a non-traditional career for Men.
Why to consider a Non-Traditional Career?
Gender stereotypes should not dictate your career decision.
At Bucks County Community College, students are encouraged to choose a career path best suited for their interests, skills, and desires.
Selecting a Non-Traditional career can often have added benefits such as higher pay vs. selecting a non-traditional career, advancement opportunities, and greater job satisfaction.
Which Programs are considered Non-Traditional?
- 2193 Applied Engineering Technology
- 2056 Chef Apprenticeship - Food
- 2098 Chef Apprenticeship - Pastry
- 2158 Fire Science
- 2164 Information Technology
- 2136 Computer Networking Technology
- 2191 Health Information Technology
- 2131 Medical Assistant
- 3148 Medical Assistant - Administrative
- 2149 Medical Assistant – Clinical
- 3174 Medical Coding/Billing
- 2128 Paralegal
- 3166 Phlebotomy
- 4192 Pre-K Early Education
- 2035 Registered Nurse