Internship Memorandum of Understanding
The following is designed to assist in providing a high-quality internship experience for both the intern and the employer. This form should be completed together by the intern and the immediate supervisor or mentor. Both parties should provide input into the completion of the form and agree to the terms outlined. Please note: this is not a legal contract.
Student internship will begin on_______________________________and end on_______________________________
Internship title: _______________________________
- Goals to accomplish during internship: _______________________________
- What do you want to experience or learn during this internship?_______________________________
- List the projects that will be assigned to the intern:_______________________________
The Employer agrees to:
- Provide the student with an orientation to the work setting upon initiation of each new internship work experience, as appropriate.
- Provide the student with meaningful work assignments which, within the confines of employer needs and time-tables, will enhance and complement the student’s academic program at the College.
- Assist the student in the development of specific learning objectives which coincide with the student’s career goals and academic progress.
- Evaluate the student’s work performance at least once during each internship work experience period. Discuss the evaluation with the student and complete the internship evaluation form.
- Provide safe and healthful working conditions for the student and hold the College harmless for any injury, illness or damages resulting directly or indirectly from the student’s employment activities.
- Exercise flexibility to accommodate student’s school hours.
Neither the employer nor the student is bound by this agreement to offer or accept permanent employment, although this is often the outcome of an Internship Education relationship. Internship Education placements are not intended to displace current full-time permanent employees of the employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bucks County Community College does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, student or applicant for admission because of race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, an individual’s actual or perceived disability, genetic information or veteran status.
Waiver of Liability Statement
Bucks County Community College does not provide liability insurance coverage for Internship Education Students. If liability insurance coverage is required by the participating business it is the responsibility of the student to provide documentation of coverage.
1._______________________________________________________________(business name, please print) hereby agrees to Bucks County Community College harmless and free from any loss, claim, liability, or damage arising out of the Internship Education Program pertaining to any and all actions undertaken by _________________________________________________(student name, please print) while participating in the Internship Education Program.
2.________________________________________________________________(student name, please print) hereby agrees to hold Bucks County Community College harmless and free from any loss, claim, liability or damage arising out of participation in the Internship Education Program. I certify that I have read, understood and have received a copy of this Memorandum of Understanding.
Intern signature: _______________________________Date: __________
Supervisor signature: _______________________________Date: __________
A copy of this form should be given to the intern, supervisor/mentor and to the College.
Internship Memorandum (Download in Adobe PDF Format)