Bucks County Community College
Prepared May, 2011
Technical Director: Jonathan Lee
Production Office: (215)968.8087
House / Stage Box
- Proscenium Stage - Proscenium Width 44' Height 19’. Plaster Line to Back Wall 25’.
- Plaster Line to apron edge 7’5”
- Apron Width 63'5".
- Wing Space is Limited. Stage Right 6’ Stage Left 9’.
- Stage Deck is HD masonite sheet 4x8.
- No trap use. US and CS.
- College does not provide ballet floor (Marley) other than through contractual arrangement.
- All electrics and masking battens are dead hung. Heights vary (see elevation), minimum 11'9".
- Facility is not equipped with counter-weighted fly lines.
- Stage has no fly space.
- Permanent stairs from apron right and left.
- House has 330 fixed seats + 9 handicap access positions in Row N
- No oversell or SRO - Fire codes prohibit SRO audience. Maximum occupancy at all times 335 people.
- Seating is numbered.
- House is raked, with continental seating.
- Performer crossover behind soft cyc with crossover lighting controlled by switch on upstage wall.
- Backstage AC is limited to (2) 20A circuits.
- AC outlets located in both wings.
- Additional 15A AC circuit and outlets located in house under apron.
- Work lights controlled by switch on stage left and stage right wall or from control booth.
- Main rag on a fixed rate motorized pull.
- Trim-to-trim is approximately 17 seconds. There is no manual override.
- Facility is on computer zone climate control. No manual control of air handlers.
- Three exit doors at rear of house. Direct egress from apron stage right in emergency.
- Fire extinguishers prominently located throughout facility. C02 extinguishers stage left at patch panel and down stage right wing.
- 6 black legs 16'xl6’ on tracks. (No full coverage to CS)
- Full black traveler upstage. (Full coverage just DS of soft cyc)
- Full US soft white cyc
- Teasers trimmed at a varied heights minimum 11’9”
- Electric Main Drape is cranberry and parts at center. (17 sec move time – single speed).
- Drape is motor driven and controlled from booth. NO manual pull.
- Movie screen is front projection height 20’, width 18’. Screen falls 6’ upstage of plaster line.
- Movie screen is motorized and controlled from booth. Single speed at approx 28 sec.
- ETC/Strand installation, 1999.
- (227) 2.4K dimmers (Combination of ETC Sensor, ETC L86 and Strand CD80 racks)
- Box Booms and balcony rail operate on (12) 2.4K (ETC L86) dimmers.
- ETC Insight (Series III) console.
The following instruments are permanently hung for rep plot and are subject to change per Tech Director only. No rehang/focus/color is permitted without prior agreement with TD.
FOH: Dimmer(s) 1 thru 30
- 10)AtlZoom 20/40 1K
- 12)Source 4 / 26
- 2) Source 4 / 50
1st Electric: Dimmer(s) 43 thru 72
- 12) Source Four 36
- 2nd ELECTRIC: Dimmer(s) 73 thru 102
- 12) Source Four 36
3rd Electric: Dimmer(s) 103 thru 132
4th Electric: Dimmer(s) 133 thru 162
Box Boom: Dimmers 35 thru 42
- HL: 8) Century 6 x 9 with stepped lenses: No gobo slots
- HR: 8) Century 6 x 9 with stepped lenses: No gobo slots
Balcony Rail: Dimmers 31 thru 34
- HL: 2)AltZoom 20/40
- HR: 2)AltZoom 20/40
Hi-Side Ladders: Dimmer(s) 163 thru 186
- SL: 6)Par 64
- SL: 2)Source 4 / 50
- SR:6)Par 64
- SR:2)Source 4 / 50
- FOH beam is very HIGH at approximately 60 degrees.
- All electrics follow FOH into HIGH, sixty-degree focus.
- Console: Mackie 24Ch
- Mains: HL / HR - JBL full range cabinet ~ Center cluster – JBL Passive 3-Way splayed cabinet(s) x 2
- Power Amps: QSC
- Monitors: (2) JBL deck wedges available upon request. (No loft mounted monitors)
- (5) Shure SM - 58 with various cable runs
- Boom Stands
- CD Player in booth
- No AD Amp available
- House acoustics are excellent / light slap.
- 16 Channel Snake can be pulled from SR to CS
- No returns on audio snake, ¼” or otherwise.
- DMX may return on the audio snake if necessary.
- 1 dressing room located backstage to accommodate 4-6 performers. Fluorescent lighting, counters, mirrors and chairs. Hot and cold running water in adjacent room.
- Restrooms located down the hall and shared with public.
- 1 dressing room (available only upon request) 1 full flight down accommodates 10-12 performers includes private bathroom.
- Paint shop can serve as additional dressing area.
- No showers
- Additional equipment is available for use ONLY through prior arrangement.
- Yamaha grand piano and rehearsal upright piano available through prior arrangement.
- Basic hand tools and stage hardware are available at the discretion of the tech director.
- Campus cafeteria open during regular day and evening class hours. Vending machines are accessible at off hours.
- Smoking, food & beverages are strictly prohibited on stage, backstage and in the house.
- Crew consists of Tech Director only, other than through contractual agreement.
Access to Building / Parking
- Loading dock door is 10’ wide x 12’ high and 3’2” above ground level.
- Loading dock area is a township fire zone.
- After load - in, all vehicles must be immediately moved to the visitor's parking (see map) unless arranged directly with security.
- Parking in fire lanes, fire zones and area designated as “RESERVED” is strictly prohibited.
- Security officers can be reached at 968-8394 or 8395 24 hrs., or through emergency radio phones prominently located in parking lots A-D indicated by blue lights.
- Officers will offer assistance upon call.
- Security officers are in direct contact with local police and ambulance.
- Security gates are locked by 11:30 PM.
- All personal must exit the facility by 11:00 PM.
- Under no circumstance will a rehearsal or performance be permitted to continue beyond 11:00 PM.