The Commencement Ceremony
Thursday, May 22, 2014 (Tentative)
- Getting ready: Degree candidates will assemble in the cafeteria area in the Charles E. Rollins Center, Newtown Campus, no later than 5:30 p.m. Promptness is essential since the task of organizing a procession takes time. Guests are encouraged to remain out of the marshaling area. We will give you information when you arrive.
- Commencement exercise will be at 6:00 p.m., Thursday, May 23, 2013 and will be held in the College Gymnasium. Please turn off all cell phones.
- Men will remove their caps during the National Anthem. All candidates should wear their caps throughout the entire ceremony of the conferring of degrees as announced from the platform.
- Candidates will rise according to instructions for the conferring of degrees as announced from the platform.
- After the conferring of degrees, the graduates will remain standing, and upon the direction from the marshals, will proceed toward the exits.
- We request that your guests please remain in their seats until all graduates receive their diplomas. Congestion in the aisles should be avoided in order to permit rapid exiting of graduates. Safety first! Guests may not linger in the aisles.
- Pictures: A photographer will take pictures at the ceremony of each student receiving his/her diploma. Approximately one week post commencement, each graduate will receive a packet of information on ordering pictures. Graduates can order photo packages and ask questions directly by contacting Legacy Photographics at 408 E. 4th St., Suite 306- Bridgeport, PA 19405 or call at (610) 279-1791 or toll-free (800) 447-2550 or e-mail at email@example.com.
- Parking: Participants in the Commencement exercises and their guests will park their cars in the designated areas for students. There is no charge for parking and a permit sticker is not necessary. Special provisions can be made for quests in wheelchairs by contacting the Student Life Office, 215-968-8257 or emailing Carol Brandt firstname.lastname@example.org. Security officers stationed throughout the campus will direct you to an appropriate drop-off location, parking areas, and answering your questions.
- Members of Phi Theta Kappa are responsible for ordering their own honor stole and tassel from Phi Theta Kappa Recognition Services (1-800-946-9996 or email@example.com ). The cost of the stole is approximately $24.00 and the tassel is approximately $8.00 plus shipping.
- Stole and Tassel Ceremony: Members of Phi Theta Kappa and Kappa Beta Delta are invited to the Stole and Tassel Ceremony that takes place right after the Honors Convocation Ceremony (approximately at 3:00 pm). Please bring your graduation cap & gown and stole and tassel in order to participate. Friends and Family are welcome. Please e-mail chapter advisor Charles Beem indicating your wish to attend at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you arrive, please sign in at the check-in table outside of the Gateway Auditorium, Newtown Campus.
- Members of Kappa Beta Delta: Instructions are the same as above except there is no tassel, only a stole. You can order your stole and other apparel by going to www.acbsp.org and clicking on the link at the top “Awards/Honor Societies”. You will see the Kappa Beta Delta link on the left side of the page. For questions and comments, feel free to contact Mary Riley at email@example.com or 913-339-9356.
Post Commencement Reception Celebration
- A reception for graduates, their families, guests and college staff members will be held on the second floor of the Charles E. Rollins Center in the James J. A. Gallagher Community Room after the ceremony
- My Diploma: The Office of Admissions, Records and Registration will notify graduates by letter when their diplomas will be available. If you have any questions, call Gladys York, Admissions at 215 968-8118.