Wireless Laptop Borrowers Agreement
Wireless Laptop Borrowers Agreement is available in all of the Bucks County Community College libraries.
The purpose of providing wireless laptop lending services is to support educational research for our college community. All laptops and related equipment are the property of Bucks County Community College.
- Wireless laptop lending services shall be available only to currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff of the College with a valid patron account in good standing.
- Laptops are available to eligible students, faculty, and staff for academic purposes as described in the Guide to Responsible Use of Electronic Communication at BCCC and shall not be used for game playing, maliciousness, software manipulation or any other activity not in accord with that policy.
- Any eligible person wanting to borrow a laptop must complete a Laptop Agreement, to be kept on file in the library. These Agreements shall be valid for the duration of the semester in which they are completed. Borrowers shall complete one form per semester they wish to borrow laptops. Proof of identification must be presented at time of registration—this includes both a valid student ID and a legal valid photo ID (e.g.: driver's license, state identification, passport).
- Wireless laptops are for use only on the BCCC campus from which they are borrowed.
- Check out period is for three hours; students shall be allowed one renewal for three hours.
- Laptops are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Usage time shall coincide with Library hours, terminating fifteen minutes before library closing time.
- Borrowers are solely responsible for laptop during the check out period, including damage, loss, and theft.
- Borrowers shall not leave laptop unattended while checked out.
- All file saving shall be the responsibility of the user, shall be to a disk or flash memory, and no files shall be saved to the laptop.
- At the time of check out a borrower must present a valid college ID card AND a valid photo ID, as proof of identification. The transaction shall be recorded in the library system just like any other lending transaction; laptops shall be charged to the user account just like a book, and similarly discharged upon return.
- All wireless laptops shall have access to the internet and Library printers.
- All wireless laptops will have the Microsoft Office suite installed.
Fines and Fees
- Borrowers with overdue laptops shall be charged $0.25 per hour.
- Loss of laptops shall result in a charge of $1600.00.
- Damage to laptop and peripherals shall result in a charge to cover repair or replacement.