IT Academy Networking
Introductory courses are for:
- Anyone who is looking to start or change their career
- IT Professionals who need to update their skills
- Business professionals looking to re-skill their workforce
These are foundational and fundamental courses required to achieve those goals.
Learn more about the Cisco Networking Academy - Workforce Training and Employability (YouTube video)
CCNA – Cisco Certified Networking Associate
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA®) validates the ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-size route and switched networks, including implementation and verification of connections to remote sites in a WAN. CCNA curriculum includes basic mitigation of security threats, introduction to wireless networking concepts and terminology, and performance-based skills. This new curriculum also includes (but is not limited to) the use of these protocols: IP, Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Serial Line Interface Protocol Frame Relay, Routing Information Protocol Version 2 (RIPv2), VLANs, Ethernet, access control lists (ACLs).
Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA® Security) validates associate-level knowledge and skills required to secure Cisco networks. With a CCNA Security certification, a network professional demonstrates the skills required to develop a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks, and mitigate security threats. The CCNA Security curriculum emphasizes core security technologies, the installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices, and competency in the technologies that Cisco uses in its security structure.
Authorized discounts (vouchers) are available to students and instructors who receive a score of 75% or higher on the FIRST attempt of the final exam in a qualifying course: CCNA Security, CCNA R&S Routing and Switching Essentials, and CCNA R&S Connecting Networks. Vouchers for certification exam discounts must be used within three months of becoming eligible and require up to a 14-day processing time. Please request your voucher as soon as you are eligible.
Before starting, please verify that your name and email address in your NetAcad profile are accurate. Clicking on your name in the top navigation bar and select 'My Profile'. It is critical for your email address be an account you will have access to until after you take your certification exam, since this is how exam details are communicated to you.
- Log in to www.netacad.com.
- Click your name in the top navigation bar and select ‘Discount Vouchers’.
- Click the ‘Request’ button on any voucher with status Eligible.
- Enter the required information and submit the form.
- In about 8 days, you will receive a verification email and an account activation email. Please follow the instructions in these emails.
- 2-4 days after verifying your email, you will receive a Cisco exam discount information and authorization to test email.
Track the status of your voucher request by returning to the "Discount Vouchers' page at any time. For more information, please refer to the Step-by-Step Guide to Registering for a Certification Exam.
CCNA MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO NETWORKS WITAC 1051
This first module introduces the student to networking, configuring a network operating system, networking protocols and communications, network access, ethernet, network layers, transport layer, IP Addressing, Subnetting IP Networks, Application Layer, and keeping the network safe.
Text for course: Introduction to Networks Companion Guide v5.1 1st Edition ISBN-13: 978-1587133572.
The second module will introduce swiched networks, basic switching concepts and configuration, VLAN's, Routing Concepts, Inter-VLAN Routing, Static Routing, Routing Dynamically, Single-Area OSPF, Access Control List, DHCP, and Network Address Translation for IPv4.
This course provides a foundation for additional CISCO Academy courses and the preparation for the CCENT and CCNA Routing and Switching certifications.
Text: Routing and Switching Essentials ISBN# 978-1-58713-318-3.
CCNA MODULE 3: SCALING NETWORKS WITAC 1053
As a business grows, so do its networking requirements. Businesses reply on the network infrastructure to provide mission-critical services. Network outages can result in lost revenue and lost customers. Network designers must design and build an enterprise network that is scalable and highly available.
Effective network design implementation requires a solid understanding of the current state of recommended network models and their ability to scale as the network grows.
This course will teach the hierarchical model to enhance the design process.
Text: Scaling Networks ISBN# 978-1-58713-328-2.
CCNA MODULE 4: CONNECTING NETWORKS WITAC 1054
The fourth and final module leading to the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification covers Hierachical Network Designs, Connecting to the WAN, Point-to-Point Connections, Frame Relay, Network Address Translation for IPv4, Broadband Solutions, Securing Site-to-Site Connectivity, Monitoring the Network, Troubleshoot the Network.
Text: Accessing the Connecting Networks, ISBN# 978-1-58713-332-9.
CCNA SECURITY WITAC 1024
CCNA Security prepares you to design, implement, and support security for networked devices. The 70 hour course builds on the first 2 CCNA Routing & Switching courses and prepares you for Cisco Security certification. Add a security specialty to your CCNA networking skills and expand your career opportunities.
- Develop a working knowledge of network security principles, tools, and configurations.
- Study with an instructor in the classroom and access expert content online anytime.
- Practice what you learn using both real equipment and Cisco Packet Tracer, a network configuration simulation tool.
- Get immediate feedback on your work through built-in quizzes and tests.
- Prepare for the workplace with collaborative projects and presentations.
- Connect with the global Cisco Networking Academy community.
- As people, process, data, and things become more connected, the demand for security professionals is rapidly increasing. CCNA Security curriculum builds the skills you need to get hired and succeed in jobs related to network security. Recognized by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) and the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) to meet the CNSS 4011 training standard.
- Career pathways include: network security specialist, security administrator, network security engineer, information security professionals, and more.
- Certification: CCNA Security
About Instructor-led Courses
- Cisco Networking Academy partners with educational providers to deliver on-site, instructor-led learning experiences. Cisco Networking Academy is an IT skills and career building development program for learning institutions and individuals worldwide. We've prepared more than 6 million people to join the IT workforce since 1997.
- Can you think like a hacker? A security specialist has to stay up-to-date on technology and discover weak spots before someone else does. They enjoy solving complex problems, and are able to document and communicate about their work.
- Job Titles: Security Administrator (infrastructure, data, and applications), Network Security Architect, Network Security Engineer, Network Security Specialist
Total course hours: 70
Text:CCNA Security Course Booklet Version 2 (Course Booklets) 1st Edition ISBN#978-1587133510
NETWORK+ CERTIFICATION (72 HRS) WITAC 1005
Network technicians need to be certified in order to advance in the industry. A certified technician has a much better chance of finding work in the industry. Whether you're looking to upgrade your skills, advance your career, or start a career in networking, the Network+ certification course is for you. Prerequisite: Basic computer and networking knowledge including file management in a Windows environment.
This course is designed to provide you with the foundation-level skills you need to install, operate, manage, maintain, and troubleshoot a corporate network. This course will help prepare you for the CompTIA Network+ N10-006 certification exam. Remember that a course alone cannot prepare you for any CompTIA exam. It is important that you have the recommended work experience in IT networking prior to taking the exam. For the CompTIA Network+ N10-006 certification, CompTIA recommends you have CompTIA A+ certification, or equivalent experience, and 9 to 12 months of hands-on experience in IT networking.
Tuition $995 (test voucher included), Text: CompTIA Network+ N10-006 Cert Guide, ISBN# 978-0789754080
N10-006 for CompTIA Network+ Certification
Certification Information at www.comptia.org