Movie: The Truth About Suicide
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Where and When
Time: 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Location: Gallagher Room, Newtown Campus
On April 16, 2014, 1:00 to 2:00 pm in the Gallagher Room the Bucks County Counseling Center along with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention will present a film, The Truth about Suicide: Real Stories of Depression in College. After the film, Patricia Gainey, Director of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention and a suicide survivor will address the following points about Depression and Suicide:
- The relationship between depression and suicide
- Some Statistics on suicide in the college population.
- Warning signs.
- How an individual or friend gets help for suicide.
- What is the biggest cause of suicide?
- Differences between males or females when dealing with suicide?
- Is the risk for suicide genetic?
- Is suicide more prevalent in the LGBT population?
- How can you tell if it is depression?
- Student resources to prevent suicide
Admission is free. All are invited.