Art Exhibition "Tuxedo" Reception at LBC
Friday, September 13, 2013
Where and When
Location: The Gallery at Lower Bucks Campus
The Gallery at Lower Bucks Campus proudly presents “Tuxedo,” an exhibition of black and white art. The exhibition will run from August 28th through October 18th and will feature the following:
- An opening reception which will take place on Friday evening, September 13th at 6PM with an artist's presentation on black and white in art. (Please see description below.)
- Over 130 pieces of art
- 25% of the proceeds from each piece sold will be donated to the BCCC Foundation’s Scholarship Fund.
- Artist’s Groups participating include: Artists of Bristol on the Delaware, Artsbridge, Artists of Yardley, the New Hope Art League and individual artists.
- The Gallery at LBC will be hosting a networking event for The Arts and Cultural Council of Bucks County as part of the opening reception on September 13th.
- At the reception, participating artists will be dressed in black and white.
Black and White: Presentation
Norman F. Simms has been formally studying fine arts since 1973 and recently received his master of fine arts degree from the Academy of Arts in San Francisco, California.
His presentation will define what Black and White is, why it is important to us, and how we perceive it in our world. Norman will explain how it is used in the art world and how without Black and White, two dimensional art could not exist.
During the presentation Norman will display various examples of outstanding Black and White art.
More information and prospectuses for future exhibitions can be found at the Gallery’s web site: www.bucks.edu/galleryatlbc . See the attached 2013-14 exhibition list for the Gallery at Lower Bucks Campus.