Non-PA Students

Your location matters!

Out-of-State Students

Bucks County Community College is:

  • accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
  • authorized as an institution of higher education by the state of Pennsylvania.
  • a member of the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA). 
    • Bucks may offer online courses and internships to students in other SARA member states in accordance with the terms and provisions of SARA.
    • Currently forty-seven states plus the District of Columbia participate in SARA.
    • California, Florida, and Massachusetts do not participate in SARA.

The State a student resides in while completing an educational activity, such as an internship or an online course, is the State that has authority to regulate the activity.

If you are located in California, Florida, or Massachusetts and wish to register for one of our online offerings or participate in an internship/clinical placement, please inquire before registering to confirm whether Bucks may offer those educational activities in your state (email  or phone 215-968-8052).

As an out-of-state student, should you have a complaint, please follow the procedures found on the Consumer Information page.  In the unlikely event Bucks is unable to resolve your complaint:

  • students in SARA member states may lodge an appeal with the Pennsylvania Department of Education. 
  • students in non-SARA states may utilize the complaint process within their own state.  The Consumer Information page contains a link to a document with information for each state.


Professional Licensure Programs

If you are a Bucks student who resides outside of Pennsylvania or intends to complete an internship/clinical placement outside of Pennsylvania in a Bucks program that leads to professional licensure, please review the licensing requirements on the state board website for your state to ensure that the program qualifies. Licensure requirements vary from state to state, and there may be a need for additional authorization from the professional licensing agency in that state. Participating in a program from outside of Pennsylvania, if not properly authorized by that state's professional licensing board, could result in a loss of licensing eligibility. If you need assistance or have any questions, please see the academic department of your program for further information.


International Students/Students Traveling Abroad

Bucks makes every effort to comply with any foreign country's regulations concerning distance education, as far as can be determined.  If you are participating in an online course/program from outside of the United States, please review your country's regulations regarding any limitations on online/distance education the country may impose.

A number of Bucks' online courses require proctored testing.  All proctored testing must occur within the United States. Be sure to review a course’s requirements prior to registering for it. Should you enroll in a course and not comply with the mandatory proctored testing requirements, you will fail the course.