Gainful Employment disclosure information is available for this program of study.
Department of Business Studies
Penn 401 • Phone (215) 968-8227
Curriculum Code No. 3166
The Phlebotomy Certificate program prepares the student to draw blood and prepare it for testing by laboratory personnel. The program is designed to provide students with information about the health care delivery system, collection of materials and equipment, venipuncture and capillary puncture techniques, and medical, legal and ethical implications of blood collection.
This program prepares students to work as phlebotomists in a variety of health care settings such as acute care facilities, physicians’ offices, hospital laboratories, long-term care facilities, clinics, and independent laboratories. Graduates of this program are able to
- perform venipunctures and capillary punctures;
- collect quality blood specimens for the purpose of laboratory analysis;
- demonstrate proper techniques of collection, transport and requisitioning of blood specimens;
- perform within legal and ethical boundaries; and
- display a professional manner and image.
|BIOL115 Basic Human Anatomy||3|
|MEDA120 Medical Terminology||3|
|MEDA204 Phlebotomy Procedures & Techniques A||3|
|MEDA205 Medical Law and Ethics||3|
|MEDA287 Phlebotomy Externship A||4|
|Total Credit Hours||16|
A Course requires prerequisite.