Gainful Employment disclosure information is available for this program of study.
Department of Business and Innovation
Grupp 401 Phone (215) 968-8227
Certificate Code No. 3154
This certificate prepares students for such careers as hotel/restaurant/catering management trainee, foodservice production assistant, shift supervisor, cook or baker.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will
- demonstrate basic hospitality industry knowledge and be proficient in the core function of their job;
- demonstrate competence in a variety of hospitality industry aspects;
- demonstrate basic written and oral communication skills;
- articulate an understanding of ethical and social issues; and
- apply their training and knowledge to related industry/business problems.
|COLL101 College Success Seminar||1|
|HOSP100 Introduction to Hospitality Management||3|
|HOSP105 Safety and Sanitation (Certification Course)||3|
|CULN120 Basic Food Preparation and Management A||3|
|CULN121 Advanced Food Preparation & Management A||3|
|CULN130 Baking and Decorating - Techniques and Procedures A||3|
|CULN131 Buffet Planning and Preparation/Basic A||3|
|CULN132 Buffet Planning and Preparation/Advanced A||3|
|CULN202 Food Purchasing/Techniques and Procedures A||3|
|CULN203 Menu Planning/Costing/Design A||3|
|Total Credit Hours||28|
A Course requires prerequisite.
Since the individual circumstances and backgrounds of students vary, all students planning to complete this certificate program must meet with their assigned academic advisor to develop a planned sequence of courses to meet their individual needs.