Culinary/Pastry and Catering Arts
Gainful Employment disclosure information is available for this program of study.
Department of Business Studies
Penn 401 Phone (215) 968-8227
Certificate Code No. 3154
This certificate prepares students for such careers as hotel/restaurant/catering management trainee, foodservice production assistant, shift supervisor, cook or baker.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will
- demonstrate basic hospitality industry knowledge and be proficient in the core function of their job;
- demonstrate competence in a variety of hospitality industry aspects;
- demonstrate basic written and oral communication skills;
- articulate an understanding of ethical and social issues; and
- apply their training and knowledge to related industry/business problems.
|HRIM100 Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality||3|
|HRIM105 Safety and Sanitation (Certification Course)||3|
|HRIM120 Basic Food Preparation and Management A||3|
|HRIM121 Advanced Food Preparation & Management A||3|
|HRIM130 Baking and Decorating - Techniques and Procedures A||3|
|HRIM131 Buffet Planning and Preparation/Basic A||3|
|HRIM132 Buffet Planning and Preparation/Advanced A||3|
|HRIM202 Food Purchasing/Techniques and Procedures A||3|
|HRIM203 Menu Planning/Costing/Design A||3|
|Total Credit Hours||27|
A Course requires prerequisite.
Since the individual circumstances and backgrounds of students vary, all students planning to complete this certificate program must meet with their assigned academic advisor to develop a planned sequence of courses to meet their individual needs.