Ten Centurions Named to NJCAA’s All-Academic Team
The student-athletes maintained a GPA of 3.6 or higher while competing in one or more of 14 intercollegiate sports
The National Junior College Athletic Association announced the 2017-18 All-Academic Teams on June 15, which honored 10 student-athletes from Bucks County Community College for the 2017-18 academic year.
The NJCAA All-Academic team is comprised of student-athletes who competed in a varsity level sport during the 2017-18 academic year, passed at least 24 credits and registered an academic year GPA of at least 3.60 (on a 4.00 scale) or higher. The Centurions’ honorees are listed below.
- Dana Miller of Furlong, Volleyball, First Team
- Edward Powers of Newtown, Golf, First Team
- Emily Collier of Levittown, Softball, First Team
- Chelsea Briggs of Feasterville, Softball, Second Team
- Jamie Apple of Newtown, Women's Soccer and Women's Basketball, Second Team
- Jonathan Rodgers of Langhorne, Men's Soccer, Second Team
- Kayley Nagle of Yardley, Women's Basketball, Second Team
- Sydne Patchell of Newtown, Volleyball and Softball, Second Team
- Zachary Bradshaw of Telford, Men's Tennis, Second Team
- Alexa Homyn of Southampton, Volleyball, Third Team
Bucks County Community College’s athletics department offers 14 intercollegiate sports that compete in Division 3, Region XIX of the NJCAA and the Easter Pennsylvania Athletic Conference. To learn more, visit www.bucks.edu/athletics.