Child Development Associate Certificate
The Child Development Associate Credential (CDA)
Brigitte Hix, M.A. PQAS Certified
The Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) is now being offered as a "self-paced" course which allows you to complete the mandatory 120 hours during the course of a 6 month period. You will receive your CDA certificate upon completion of all assignments.
The Child Development Associate Credential focuses on 6 Competency Goals and 13 Functional Areas which encompasses 8 Subject Areas:
1. Planning a safe and healthy learning environment
2. Advancing children's physical and intellectual development
3. Supporting children's social and emotional development
4. Building productive relationships with families
5. Managing an effective program
6. Maintaining a Commitment to Professionalism
7. Observing and Recording Behavior
8. Understanding Principle of child development and learning
This 120 hour program can be articulated to 6 college credits for the following two 3-credit courses upon completion of the CDA Credential and matriculation at Bucks County Community College in the Early Childhood Education Program, if student work is deemed appropriate by our Prior Learning Assessment Department.
- EDUC 105 Foundations for Early Learning
- EDUC 115 Observing and Recording the Behavior of Young Children
THE CHILD DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE CREDENTIAL (CDA) WSMCE 3257 C20
**Required Orientation at Newtown Campus, Monday, 9/17/2018, 7 - 10 pm
For information about the CDA Assessment, please go to the website for the Council for Professional Recognition at www.cdacouncil.org.
Please Note: Students must be 18 years of age and have a high school or GED diploma in order to enroll in the CDA program. Reimbursement: Anyone who is a member of a Keystone Stars site can apply for a 90% tuition refund and the $325 assessment fee for the CDA assessment. Please note: Reimbursement is subject to the availability of funds. Tuition vouchers are available on the Keys website www.pakeys.org under professional development.
Teachers, if you wish to renew your CDA Credential you must receive a minimum of 4.5 CEUs for 45 additional hours of coursework in early childhood education. This must be completed within three years of receiving your initial Credential, and every five years thereafter. For further information, please check the Council for Professional Recognition’s website at www.cdacouncil.org.