Winter Session 2017-2018 Information
Winter Session - Quick Links
- Search for Winter Session courses (courses start Dec. 15)
- Detailed Information on each course (find out if a course is right for you)
- Important Dates and Deadlines (registration deadlines, college closure info, etc.)
- How to Enroll
Is an online Winter Session course a good fit for you?
- Winter Session courses move quickly. You need to learn the same course material as in a 15-week course in just 4 weeks!
- The Bucks Online office can provide you with a link to a web-based tool that evaluates your readiness for learning in an online environment. The tool provides you with information about your strengths and weaknesses relative to online learning.
- If interested, contact Bucks Online at email@example.com. Our goal is to make your Bucks online experience a smooth and rewarding one!
Getting Started With Your Course
- Go to the Winter Session Course Information pages. Click on a course title and carefully read the detailed Course Information Page (CIP). It will tell you:
- If the course is available on December 8 (for viewing only) or on December 15 (actual session start date);
- if proctored testing is required;
- which system to log into (i.e. Canvas, myMathLab, etc.); and
- any other instructor requirements.
- If your Course Information Page indicates you are using Canvas and you are having trouble logging in, please go to our Canvas Login Instructions and Help page.
Winter Break (Dec. 22 - Jan. 1) Academic & Support Services Information
- Bucks Online... your virtual campus-
- Provides general student support, including login help.
- During the closure (December 22, 2017 - January 1, 2018), Bucks Online staff monitors and responds to email (except holiday weekends).
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canvas 24/7 Support - Once you are logged into Canvas, click on the Help link at the bottom left-side of your Canvas screen. 24/7 Canvas support cannot assist students with login issues. See Help Desk link below.
- Plan ahead for tutoring, library, and other help you might need!!
- Testing Center-
- The Testing Center will be closed from 4:00pm, December 21 until the College reopens on January 2.
- If your course requires proctored testing and you are unable to travel to a Testing Center, you have the option of proposing an alternative proctor. All alternative proctor forms must be received by December 19.
- Help Desk and Services Center -
- Users experiencing technology issues should leave a detailed message for the Help Desk by email to email@example.com or by calling 215-968-8191.
- Helpdesk Services staff will be periodically monitoring requests and will respond appropriately based on priority. More information is available at www.bucks.edu/resources/it/helpdesk
- Access to library catalog, online databases, online tutorials, and more are available on the Library website.
- To contact a librarian virtually, click on the Ask A Librarian icon on the Library website:
- December 26, 2017
- December 27, 2017
- December 28, 2017
- Academic Success Center-
- Limited online tutoring for select subjects will still be available when the College is closed.
- Face-to-face tutoring for accounting, writing, and math will resume on Tuesday, January 2.
- For updated specifics and detailed schedules keep checking their website.
- Please feel free to contact the Academic Success Center at 215-968-8044 with questions.
- Bookstore- search for your textbook information
- Purchase your textbook(s) online.
- Bookstore Front Counter/Customer Service Desk will resume when the College reopens on Tuesday, January 2.