Jump to page content
Who Must Take Placement Tests
Who . . . ?
- All applicants and re-applicants for full-time status are required to take the Placement Tests as part of the admission process.
- All part-time students are required to take the Placement Tests.
- Students with a degree or course work from a foreign country's college or university are required to take the Placement Tests. This is to ensure proper placement for the student.
- All students planning to enroll in their first college math course must take the Math Placement Test prior to registering for the class.
- All students planning to enroll in Chemistry 121 (Chemistry I) must take the Chemistry Placement Test prior to the beginning of class. No waivers will be given.
- Students taking summer courses for transfer to another institution do not need to take Placement Tests, unless the course(s) they will be taking require a Placement Test score as a prerequisite. See course descriptions for prerequisite information. However, all of the above policies will be in effect if you plan to enroll for future Fall or Spring semesters.
- Students enrolled through the High School Enrichment Program, must take the Reading, Writing and Math Placement Tests before they may register for any courses. Use this link for information on the High School Enrichment Program.
- Special Admissions Students who are still in High School, must take the Reading, Writing and Math Placement Tests before they may register for any courses.