Guest Student Checklist
Students currently attending another college or university who wish to take courses at Bucks and transfer them to their primary institution are considered Guest Students. Such students should be advised by their own college or university regarding which courses at Bucks will be transferable and/or equivalent. Guest students will be limited to 7 credits per term. Enrollment in additional credits requires the prior approval of Admissions.
This checklist is for all guest credit students regardless of whether the course(s) in which you enroll are online (eLearning), hybrid, or traditional (face-to-face).
Apply to the College
To get started, apply online. Please allow three business days for your application to be processed. As a guest student, please do not request transcript evaluation on your application. Since you are not attempting to satisfy degree requirements for graduation from Bucks, your transcript need not be evaluated.
The application will ask you to self-identify as a "guest." Please select 0080-GUEST STUDENT as your planned major. Please be aware that as a guest student you will not be eligible for financial aid at Bucks County Community College; however, you may be eligible for aid through your primary institution. Please consult your school's Financial Aid Office for information and instructions. Additional information can be obtained from the Bucks Financial Aid Office at 215-968-8200.
Find Your Student ID Number
You must wait 24 hours from the point of application to get your student ID number. Your ID number can be found on WebAdvisor. Click on "Log In," follow the instructions and then click on "Students," scroll down to the bottom right of the page and click on "My Profile." There you will see your BCCC ID number.
- Guest students taking summer or intersession courses are not required to take placement tests unless the test is specified as a course prerequisite. If you are registering for the Fall or Spring semesters, placement tests in Reading, Writing, and Math are required, as they are of all Bucks students.
- In order to have these waived, please send a copy of your transcript, official or unofficial. Our mailing address and email are listed at the bottom of this page.
- If you are seeking a prerequisite course waiver, please submit your request at point of application or online. As an alternative method to request a prerequisite course waiver, send your transcript from your primary institution email to email@example.com. Include in the email your Bucks student number (not username) and the Bucks course you wish to take.
- For course prerequisite requirements, refer to catalog course descriptions.
- If you are requesting a pre-requisite course waiver but are currently enrolled in that course pre-requisite, we will accept a copy of your roster or transcript which shows your current registration. Please note that a grade of C or better is required in any prerequisite course work. Upon completion of the class, submit evidence of final grade from your primary institution email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transcripts received by mail or email for placement testing and course pre-requisite waivers will be addressed within two business days of receipt. Testing waivers can then be viewed on your record via WebAdvisor/Test Summary. Prerequisite course waivers are not visible via WebAdvisor, but will allow registration for the desired course.
- Students who register during walk-in registration periods are asked to bring their transcripts directly to registration. Waivers will be applied at the point of registration.
- Students who bring transcripts to the Admissions front counter in the Hub in Newtown, or the front desk at the Lower or Upper Bucks Campuses, prior to Walk-In Registration, will have waivers applied, as appropriate, before the end of the business day, if received by 3 p.m.; those received after 3 p.m. will be reviewed the next business day.
Get Advised (optional)If you need help choosing courses, call 215-968-8189 or email email@example.com.
Pay Your Bill
- You must pay your balance due by its due date. NOTE: If you do not pay on time, your registration for classes may be voided, in which case you will have to register again. (Classes that were available when you first registered may be full.)
- See all payment options. Please note: Deferred payment plans are not available for Summer and Intersession courses.
Request TranscriptsAfter completion of course work, you are responsible for requesting an official Bucks transcript to send to your primary institution. Log in to WebAdvisor and see Request Official Transcript under Academic Profile.
Enjoy your Bucks experience!
|Mailing address:||Bucks County Community College
Office of Admissions
275 Swamp Road
Newtown, PA 18940
General Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Incoming Transcripts: email@example.com