Veterans Benefits Information
If you are a veteran of the United States Armed Forces and a Bucks student applying for educational benefits, please review the following:
- Apply to the Veterans Administration for approval to receive benefits. The one-time, online application can be found at: http://www.gibill.va.gov/.
- Attend an Information Session specific to veterans. For more information, please click here.
- After registering for your Bucks classes, please present the documents below, identified by each benefit, to the Admissions Office, found in the Linksz Pavilion, lower level.
If uncertain which benefit is appropriate for you, please consult with the Veterans Administration. Likewise, Bucks Certifying Officials inform the VA of a veterans' course registration, but only the VA is authorized to approve programs for benefits.
|NAME OF BENEFIT:||CHAPTER:||REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION:|
|Post-9/11 GI Bill||Chapter 33||1) Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
|Transfer of Benefits (TOB), Post GI Bill||1) Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
Montgomery GI Bill
|Chapter 30||DD-214 only|
| Montgomery GI Bill
Selective Reserve Education Assistance
|Chapter 1606||Notice of Eligibility (NOBE)|
| Montgomery GI Bill
Reserve Education and Assistance (REAP)
|Chapter 1607||Notice of Eligibility (NOBE)|
|Vocational Rehabilitation||Chapter 31||College receives documents directly from VA|
| Survivors’ and Dependents’
|Chapter 35||Letter of Eligibility|
- If applying before your eligibility documentation has been received from the VA, print a copy of your application; however, if denied benefits, please understand that you are liable for tuition. Should you not be approved by the VA, be sure to see Student Accounts regarding your payment (contact phone number 215.968.8039).
- After registering for classes, please also complete the Veterans’ Certification Form, available at Admissions or online. All veterans are encouraged to file for Financial Aid, as you may be eligible for assistance.
- Questions can be addressed to VABenefits@bucks.edu or by phoning 215.968.8419/8490.
Military courses may be evaluated for potential credit through Prior Learning Assessment. Students seeking this type of transfer credit need to submit an official copy of their Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART) to the office of Admissions, who will forward the documents to Prior Learning.
Answers to many frequently asked questions regarding SMART transcripts can be found on the American Council on Education (ACE) website.
Other Services Bucks Offer
Thank you for your service to our country, and we appreciate your choosing Bucks to further your education. Click here for information on other services Bucks offers veterans, including exclusive “Stars and Stripes Lounges,” designed especially for you.