Transfer Credits and Transcript Evaluations
Upon receipt of a Transcript Evaluation Request, Bucks County Community College will evaluate parallel work completed at accredited post-secondary institutions for potential transfer credit.
- Students seeking transfer credit should first submit an Application for Admission to the College.
- Next, they should request that a copy of their official transcript(s) be mailed from their previous institution(s) to Bucks Office of Admissions.
General Policies related to transfer credits and transcript evaluations :
- A student can obtain no more than 30 transfer credits from all outside sources (including Advanced Placement and PLA) for Associate programs.
- A student can obtain no more than half the number of credits required for a given certificate.
- Only grades of "C" or better will be considered for potential transfer credit.
- Courses are considered for tranfer credit as they relate to the student's program of study.
- Course descriptions reviewed for course content and in determining equivalency. At times, syllabi and additional consultation with the area academic dean and other support documentation may be necessary.
- If a student changes his/her major, a new evaluation request must be submitted as above.
- Developmental coursework will not be accepted as transfer credits.
- Proficiency courses (those which produce "pass" or "satisfactory" grades) will not be accepted as transfer credits.
- Courses taken at some institutions without regional accreditation may not be accepted for transfer credit through traditional means. Schools that are vocational or technical in nature without regional accreditation are reviewed through the Office of Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) for potential life experience credit.
- Credentials earned outside the United States require external evaluation before submitting to Bucks for review and potential transfer.
- Military credentials are reviewed by PLA.
For more information about transferring to Bucks County Community College, please read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Transfer Students page.
For details regarding transferring out of Bucks to another institution, please review the Transfer Services webpage, www.bucks.edu/transfer, or call (215)968-8031 to make an appointment with a transfer counselor.