Orientation Part II: Setting the Stage for Success
What to expect
- A fun and interactive one-and-a-half hour session delivered in a group format.
- This session is for students only (parents will have the opportunity to attend a “Parent Orientation” as part of Orientation Part III).
- You will learn about:
- Strategies and habits of successful students at Bucks
- Tips and tricks to answer your questions that start with “How do I…?”
- The process of mapping your courses for degree completion.
- Transfer Agreements and Transfer goal planning
- Career goal planning and resources
- How to locate vital information and offices you will need before or during the semester
- The timeline and deadlines of a semester and what to expect
- Important safety information and procedures
- You will be oriented to our Learning Resources area.
- You will develop a Personal Action Plan to get yourself ready to hit the ground running when the semester starts.
What to do beforehand to prepare for the session
- Attend your Part I Orientation session and register for your classes.
- Complete the Part I “Keys to Success at Bucks” self-paced online orientation program.
- Please plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of the session.
What to bring to the session
- Your New Student Advising, Orientation, and Planning binder.
- A writing implement.
What students are saying...
Very helpful--went over more material than I thought.
Definitely would recommend session to others!
More helpful than I had even hoped!
Very informational for new students to the college!
Definitely cleared up the questions I had.
They made it fun and informative.
She got me excited to start at Bucks!
Great help! Wish I came sooner.
Excellent program, very informative.
It introduced me to some good unknown tools.
It helped so much! No longer as confused!