New Student Orientation
What to expect
- You will receive your New Student Orientation, Advising, and Planning Handbook full of resource materials.
- You will access and navigate Bucks’ technology systems, accounts, and tools.
- You will learn:
- how to locate vital information, resources, and offices you will need before and during the semester.
- about expectations, critical milestones and deadlines, and the importance of the planning process to your success.
- important safety information, policies and procedures.
- You will be oriented to the Learning Resources area
- You will be introduced to the “Keys to Success at Bucks” self-paced online orientation program.
- You will receive information about your next steps to access academic advising and registration.
What to do beforehand to prepare for the session
- Complete all three Placement Tests (or if you have prior college-level coursework, receive testing and/or prerequisite waivers)
- For students with prior college-level coursework:
- To receive Placement Testing Waivers: Submit either an unofficial or official transcript to the Admissions Office.
- In order to receive Prerequisite Waivers, you must submit the Prerequisite Waiver Request Form along with your transcript.
- Please plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of the session.
What to bring to the session
- Your folder from the Testing Center which includes your test scores.
- A writing implement.
What students are saying...
Great presentation, can’t wait to start school again!
Very helpful--went over more material than I thought.
Definitely would recommend session to others!
More helpful than I had even hoped!
Very informational for new students to the college!
Definitely cleared up the questions I had.
They made it fun and informative.
She got me excited to start at Bucks!
Great help! Wish I came sooner.
Excellent program, very informative.
It introduced me to some good unknown tools.
It helped so much! No longer as confused!