Orientation Part I: Get Advised and Choose Your Classes
What to expect
- You will meet your “go-to” Educational Planning Advisor for an initial one to two hour Advising and Orientation session delivered in an individual or small group format. Please note most July and August 2014 sessions are in group format.
- You will get advised and choose your first semester’s classes.
- You will receive your New Student Orientation, Advising, and Planning binder full of resource materials.
- You will learn how to access and navigate Bucks’ technology systems, accounts, and tools.
- You will learn about expectations and the importance of the planning process to your success.
- You will be introduced to the additional “Keys to Success at Bucks” self-paced online orientation program.
What to do beforehand to prepare for the session
- Complete all three Placement Tests (or if you have prior college-level coursework, receive testing and/or prerequisite waivers)
- For students with prior college-level coursework:
- To receive Placement Testing Waivers: Submit either an unofficial or official transcript to the Admissions Office.
- In order to receive Prerequisite Waivers, you must submit the Prerequisite Waiver Request Form along with your transcript.
- Prior to your session, all students should follow the directions in your testing folder to use Password Manager to set up your profile and change your password. If you encounter difficulty, please call the Helpdesk at 215-968-8191, option 1.
- Please plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of the session.
What to bring to the session
- Your folder from the Testing Center which includes your test scores.
- Your username, password, and student number. If you have not previously recorded your Bucks username, it's easy to find by going to the Bucks homepage and choosing the link for WebAdvisor. Click on the green Student Menu box and then scroll to the bottom of the page and click the link under "Account Information."
- A writing implement.
What students are saying...
Very helpful--went over more material than I thought.
Definitely would recommend session to others!
More helpful than I had even hoped!
Very informational for new students to the college!
Definitely cleared up the questions I had.
They made it fun and informative.
She got me excited to start at Bucks!
Great help! Wish I came sooner.
Excellent program, very informative.
It introduced me to some good unknown tools.
It helped so much! No longer as confused!