Newtown, Lower Bucks, and Upper Bucks Campus
Students are permitted to meet with a writing tutor for two 30-minute appointments per day. Second appointments will be scheduled based upon availability and must be scheduled by using the Tutoring Appointment Request link, calling 215-968-8044, or stopping into the Newtown Center in L210. The Tutoring Center at Newtown is located on the main floor of the Library. The Tutoring Center at LBC is located in the Library behind the circulation desk. The Center at UBC is located in the North Building, Room 003.
Online appointments are 50 minutes in length and count as one appointment for the day. In addition to online appointments, students may drop-in to the Online Writing Tutoring Center during posted online hours for additional help. Students may also use the Online Writing Form to submit drafts to a writing tutor or the Ask a Tutor form for quick questions. For online appointments, please click on the links below to schedule or request an appointment or to search drop-in hours. You can also stop into the Tutoring Center at L210 or call 215-968-8044 to request an appointment or for additional information.
Please click on the links below to schedule or request an individual appointment or view online drop-in availability. Please stop in L210 or call 215-968-8044 with any questions.
What We Can Do
- help you with punctuation, including how to avoid comma splices and fragments
- help you devise a method that will enable you to overcome spelling problems
- help you learn how to proofread your papers
- help you understand an assignment you've been given
- help you get started on a particular paragraph or essay you are working on
- help you improve a rough draft you are working on
- help you with topic sentences for your paragraphs and thesis statements for your essays
- help you to give your paragraph or essay more focus
- help you revise or rewrite a paragraph or essay according to your instructor's suggestions
- help you with all the aspects of your research paper
What We Can't Do
- write any part of your paragraph or essay for you
- be of much help if you come to the Center the day your paper is due
- proofread your paragraph or essay for you
- help you with an in-class essay
- guarantee that you will get good grades
- tutor for placement tests or standardized tests, such as the Praxis, the TOEFL, the NLN, etc.