Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering, & Physics
Newtown, Lower Bucks, Upper Bucks, and Virtual Campuses
Students are permitted to have two face-to-face appointments per day as availability permits with a science tutor. Select science subjects are on a drop-in basis - no appointment is required; however please check for tutor availability for your particular course. Please click on the links below to schedule or request a 30 minute face-to-face or 50 minute online appointment or to search drop-in hours. The Tutoring Center at LBC is located in the Library behind the circulation desk. The Tutoring Center at UBC is located in the North Building, Room 003. You can also stop into the Tutoring Center at L210 or call 215-968-8044 to request an appointment or for additional information.
- Appointment Request for Chemistry or Biology
- Schedule Appointment/View Tutor Availability
- Fall 2015 Newtown and Online Biology Schedule
- Fall 2015 Chemistry Schedule
- Fall 2015 Newtown and Online Physics Schedule
- Fall 2015 LBC Schedule
- Fall 2015 UBC ScheduleFall 2015 UBC Schedule
Please note: The semester schedule is subject to change. Click on Schedule Appointment and sign into TutorTrac™ for the most up-to-date schedule. Science tutoring begins the week of August 31st. Second appointments must be scheduled by using the Tutoring Appointment Request link, calling 215-968-8044, or stopping into the Newtown Center in L210.
Biology or Chemistry Group Sessions
For a group of two or more students, a group session may be requested. Please call 215-968-8044 or stop into L210 to make an appointment.
For additional science assistance, including an online question submission form, please go to the Science Learning Center, located in Founders 231A on the Newtown Campus or click on the following link to visit their website: Science Learning Center.
What We Can Do
- help you utilize your physics, chemistry, or biology text, class notes, and homework assignments
- help you to learn how to read, interpret, and set up a physics, chemistry, or biology problem or equation
- help you get started on a homework assignment
- help you solve a difficult homework problem
- help you understand a particular concept
- help you understand pre-lab and lab assignments
- help you to improve your physics, chemistry, or biology note-taking skills
- help you focus on and interrelate the various topics covered in your course
- help you learn how to prepare for a physics, chemistry, or biology test
- help you devise a strategy for taking a physics, chemistry, or biology test
What We Can't Do
- be of much help if you come to the Center the day of your test or the day your lab is due
- do your homework or lab for you
- be of any assistance with a take-home test
- take the place of going to class
- guarantee that you will get good grades
- tutor for placement or standardized tests