Reading and Study Skills
Spring 2013 tutoring hours
Reading tutoring will end Tuesday, May 21st and will return in the Summer.
Students should schedule an appointment with a Writing Tutor, who can help with writing, reading, study skills, and AESL. Student are permitted to meet with a Writing Tutor for one appointment per day. Please click on the Writing link to view the Spring 2013 Writing tutor hours for the Newtown and Virtual Campuses. Please call 215-968-8044 to schedule an appointment or with any questions or concerns.
What We Can Do For:
- help you learn how to use the dictionary and thesaurus
- help you with the definitions of your vocabulary words
- help you write the context clue sentences for your vocabulary words
- help you understand an assignment you've been given
- help you to write your Reader's Digest summaries
- help you to brainstorm before you write your reaction to the articles you are summarizing
- help you with the assignments for the book you will be reading
- help you to devise a time management plan for studying
- help you to study for exams more efficiently
- help you learn how to read better and retain more of what you have read
- provide you with information about:
- improving your note taking and listening skills
- managing your test anxiety
- identifying and eliminating study distraction
What We Can't Do:
- do your homework for you
- be of any assistance with take-home quizzes or tests
- tutor for placement or standardized tests, such as the Praxis, the TOEFL, the NLN, etc.