The Academic Success Center offers Bucks students assistance with college admission or scholarship essays. To schedule an appointment, call the Newtown Center at 215-968-8044, stop in to the Newtown Center (L210), click on Schedule Appointment, or submit the Tutoring Appointment Request form.
Please click on the Schedule Appointment link to check specific hours.
Through the Schedule Appointment link (to the left or above), you can view tutor availability and schedule an appointment. Once in the Center's appointment system, after choosing the Center, please choose the ADMS101 or SCHOL101 course, and then choose Application Essay for your Visit Reason. The tutors' availability will display. Click on a timeslot to schedule an appointment. Additional instructions are available on the Schedule Appointment page.
Please call the Newtown Center at 215-968-8044 with any questions.
What We Can Do
- help you to understand the admission essay or scholarship essay prompt
- help you with punctuation and grammar
- help you learn how to proofread your essays
- help you to get started on or improve a rough draft you are working on
- help you with topic sentences for your paragraphs and thesis statements for your essays
- help you to give your essay more focus
What We Can't Do
- write any part of your essay for you
- be of much help if you come to the Center the day your essay is due
- proofread your paragraph or essay for you