Program to Program Agreements
Students who complete the A.A. degree at Bucks in Sport Management with a 2.5 GPA (cumulative and in the major) or an A.S. in Exercise Science with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 and 2.5 in major courses are guaranteed admission to East Stroudsburg University in those programs. Students must enroll at East Stroudsburg University with in one year of graduation and not attend another institution. Transfer guides are provided for the following programs:
- A.S. in Exercise Science (1197) to Exercise Science (BS)
- A.A. Sport Management (1154) to Sport Management (BS)
Dual Admission Agreement
Under the Dual Admissions Agreement, Bucks students will be guaranteed admissions into a bachelor’s degree program with third year (junior) status at ESU on the condition that they have: graduated from Bucks with an Associate Degree (A.A., A.S.) with a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA; completed a “Dual Admission Intent” form and application, preferably before completion of their 30th college credit from Bucks; and subject to meeting other non-academic criteria for admission.
Dual admission guarantees the student admittance into ESU but doesn’t guarantee admission into some specific majors with limited enrollment and/or require higher GPAs as outlined below. These majors include but are not limited to:
- COMPUTER SCIENCE/COMPUTER SECURITY: A minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA, college algebra and trigonometry (or higher level) is required for admission.
- HOTEL, RESTAURANT, AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT: A minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA.
- NURSING (BSN): Applicants are considered for fall admission only. Admission is highly competitive and space is limited.
The following required prerequisite criteria must be completed at the time of application:
36 college‐level credits.
A minimum 3.50 cumulative GPA.
All prerequisite courses listed below must be completed with final grades at the time of application with a grade of B or 3.00.
Anatomy and Physiology I and II with labs.
Introduction to Cultural Diversity.
- RN to BSN (Registered Nurses): Applicants are considered for fall admission only.Registered Nurses applying to the BSN program must meet the following requirements:
A minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA.
Graduate from a NLNAC (National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission) Program.
Submit an official transcript from the nursing school and a copy of your current Pennsylvania Nursing license.
- RECREATION AND LEISURE SERVICES MANAGEMENT: A minimum 2.25 cumulative GPA.
- REHABILITATIVE SERVICES: A minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA.
- SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGY: A minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA.
- SPORT MANAGEMENT: A minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA.
- TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAMS:
- Secondary Education, Physical Education, and Health Education: A minimum 2.80 cumulative GPA.
- Early Childhood (PreK‐4), Middle Childhood (4‐8), Dual Programs; (Special Education/Early Childhood), (Special Education/Middle Education) A minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA.
A full time student admitted with third year (junior) status to ESU will be able to complete a bachelor’s degree in a parallel program at ESU within four regular semesters provided that the student completes the appropriate associate degree program at Bucks and appropriately sequences and completes their remaining course work at ESU.
Reverse Transfer Agreement
Bucks County Community College (Bucks) and East Stroudsburg University (ESU) have entered into a partnership that allows students to complete their community college associate degree program by the reverse transfer of college credits, concurrent with the enrollment at ESU.
Find out More about completing your associate degree through Reverse Transfer.