Guaranteed Transfer Admission Agreement:
The Guaranteed Transfer Admissions agreement facilitates the transfer of Bucks students who have completed a Bucks A.A. or A.S. degree. Subject to the terms of this agreement, a student who completes the Associate degree at Bucks will be conditionally admitted* into a related Bachelor’s degree program at Cabrini and assured third year (junior) status. The length of time required for a full-time student to complete the requirements for the Bachelor’s degree varies by degree program. However, in general, a full-time student can complete most Bachelor’s degree programs within four regular semesters, providing the student appropriately schedules and successfully completes (without repeating courses) his or her remaining courses at Cabrini.
*Full admission will be granted after the submission of all required documents including, but not limited to, completed application, transcripts and portfolio (if required).
In addition, Cabrini agrees to accept the General Education Core embedded in the Bucks Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees as meeting all the requirements of its undergraduate Core Curriculum, with the exception of three credits of religious studies, if not already completed at another regionally accredited college, and ECG 300 - “Engagements with the Common Good” course. The Religious Studies course may be taken at Bucks. ECG 300 must be taken at Cabrini.
This core-to-core agreement applies to all Bucks A.A and A.S. graduates, and is not limited to students who participate in the Guaranteed Transfer Admissions agreement. Students who change their program of study may be required to take appropriate pre-requisite courses either at Cabrini or at Bucks.
Terms and Conditions Applicable to Both Agreements:
- Students must complete the Cabrini Dual Admission Intent Form before completing 45 college-level credits. This includes credits earned from previous institutions.
- A minimum grade of “C” is required to transfer a course to the academic major at Cabrini College. The course must be college-level.
- The minimum cumulative GPA required for admission to Cabrini under this agreement is 2.0. However, some degree programs may have different requirements. The Biology program requires a 2.5; Education requires a 3.0; and Social Work requires a 2.5.
- Cabrini will accept a maximum of 78 credits in transfer from all prior colleges and universities depending on the academic major.
- Cabrini has a 30 credit requirement remaining to satisfy residency requirement.
- Bucks credits earned through Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) will be evaluated on an individual basis according to established Cabrini policies.
- The student must meet all applicable Cabrini requirements and deadlines pertaining to application for admission and payment of tuition and fees.
- Students transferring under this agreement will be eligible for financial aid and housing on the same basis as native Cabrini students.
- Once at Cabrini College, students who transfer under the terms of this agreement are responsible for meeting all degree requirements in effect for their major.
- Students who transfer under the terms of this agreement must apply for admission to Cabrini within one year of Bucks graduation.
- Cabrini will waive the application fee for students who apply to Cabrini pursuant to this agreement.
- Cabrini agrees to award academic scholarships to all qualified students admitted to Cabrini pursuant to this Agreement.
- Full-time Cabrini students (enrolled in 12 or more credits a semester) with a Phi Theta Kappa Membership will receive a $15,000 scholarship.
- Full-time students with a 3.5– 4.0 final Bucks GPA will receive a $14,000 scholarship.
- Full-time students with a 3.0 – 3.49 will receive a $13,000 scholarship.
- Full-time students with a 2.5– 2.99 will receive a $12,000 scholarship.
- Full-time students with a 2.0– 2.49 will receive a $6,000 scholarship.
- All scholarships may be renewed each year contingent upon the students remaining in good academic standing and full time status at Cabrini College.
- Students are also eligible for need-based financial aid and other types of financial aid.
- Students who do not complete any associate degree at Bucks are not eligible under the terms of these agreements. They will not be granted automatic admission to Cabrini and must apply for admission under the regular transfer admissions process.
Additional Terms and Conditions for the Guaranteed Transfer Admission Agreement:
- Students who successfully complete an A.A. or A.S. degree at Bucks and the courses outlined on the attached program-to-program Advising Guides and are admitted to Cabrini, will enter with third year (junior) status and are assured transfer credit as indicated. Courses not included on these Advising Guides will be evaluated by Cabrini on a course-by-course basis. Advising Guides for additional programs may be added under the terms of this agreement.
- Students transferring to a related Cabrini Bachelor’s degree program from a related Bucks County Community College Associate degree program will transfer their entire Associate degree and may transfer additional applicable credits, up to a total of 78 credits. This includes credits from all prior colleges and universities.
Additional Terms and Conditions for the Core-to-Core Agreement:
- This Core-to-Core Agreement applies to all Bucks A.A and A.S. graduates, and is not limited to students who participate in the Guaranteed Transfer Admissions agreement.
- Bucks students who do not complete an eligible associate degree from the community college will not be granted automatic admission to Cabrini and must apply for admission under the regular transfer admissions process.
- Cabrini agrees to accept the General Education embedded in the Bucks Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees as meeting all the requirements of its undergraduate General Education requirements with the exception of three credits of religious studies, if not already completed at another regionally accredited college, and ECG 300 - “Engagements with the Common Good” course. The Religious Studies course may be taken at Bucks. ECG 300 must be taken at Cabrini.
- Students who change their program of study may be required to take appropriate pre-requisite courses either at Cabrini or at Bucks.
- For Bucks students who do not graduate with an associate degree, Cabrini will determine appropriate transfer of credit on a course-by-course basis.
Biology, Chemistry, Exercise Science, and Education degrees require specific core courses in math and science. Refer to program-to-program Advising Guides for specific requirements.
Students who complete the A.A. degree at Bucks as specified in the program-to-program agreement and are admitted to Cabrini College will enter with junior status and are assured credit as indicated. Transfer guides are provided for the following agreement programs:
- A.A. in Business Administration (1009) into Business Administration at Cabrini