Laptop Lending Policy
Laptop Borrowers Agreement is available in the library or as a pdf: Laptop Agreement 2012
Wireless Laptop Lending Policy
The purpose of providing wireless laptop lending services is to support educational research for our college community. All laptops and related equipment are the property of Bucks County Community College.
- Wireless laptop lending services shall be available only to currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff of the College with a valid patron account in good standing.
- Laptops are available to eligible students, faculty, and staff for academic purposes as described in the A Guide to Responsible Use of Electronic Communication at BCCC.
- Any eligible person wanting to borrow a laptop must complete a Wireless Laptop Borrowers Agreement (PDF: Laptop Agreement 2012 , to be kept on file in the library. These Agreements shall be valid for the duration of the Academic Year in which they are completed. Borrowers shall complete one form per Academic Year they wish to borrow laptops. Proof of identification must be presented at time of registration—this includes both a valid Student ID and a legal valid photo ID (e.g.: driver’s license, state identification, military ID, passport, etc.).
- Wireless laptops are for use only on the Bucks campus from which they are borrowed.
- Check out period is for three hours; students shall be allowed one renewal for three hours.
- Laptops are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Usage time shall coincide with Library hours, terminating fifteen minutes before library closing time.
- Borrowers are solely responsible for laptop during the check out period, including damage, loss, and theft.
- Borrowers shall not leave laptop unattended while checked out.
- Borrowers may only check out one laptop at a time.
- Borrowers may not redistribute laptop to any other person(s).
- All file saving shall be the responsibility of the user, shall be to a disk or flash memory, and no files shall be saved to the laptop.
- At the time of check out a borrower must present a valid Student ID card AND a valid photo ID, as proof of identification. The transaction shall be recorded in the library system just like any other lending transaction; laptops shall be charged to the user account just like a book, and similarly discharged upon return.
Penalties and Fees
- Failure to abide by any part of this policy, including the returning of laptops on time, shall result in the barring of laptop usage privileges on a three-strikes-and-out basis.
- Loss of laptops shall result in a charge of $1200.00.
- Damage to laptop and peripherals shall result in a charge to cover repair or replacement.