Bucks County Community College students and employees can access databases from off campus through a simple login procedure. When you select a database from the Databases page, you will be asked for a user name and password.
- For students, your username is the same for every system at Bucks, and consists of your last name and first initial, and may be followed by a random number. For example, John Smith's user account could be smithj4567 or smithj. If you do not know your username, follow the How to Find Your Username instructions at the bottom of this page. Your password is the Active Directory password that you have set up for BucksWebMail and network access. However, if you have never changed your Bucks Network/WebMail password from the initial bdmmddyy format ('bd' followed by your birthdate), you MUST do so before logging in. Please use this link to change your student password.
- For employees, your user name is the same as your college email user ID. Use the Active Directory password that you have set up for Bucks WebMail and network access. Initially, this is a lower case 'bd' followed by your date of birth in mmddyy format. You may change your password by following this link, although it is not necessary for accessing the databases.
For problems with your password please call 215-968-8191.
No browser configuration is necessary. However, if you have a personal firewall you will need to open ports 2048 through 2348.
All library databases are available on campus from any computer lab or library computer.
How to find your username:
- Go to http://www.bucks.edu [link opens in new window]
- Select Web Advisor from either the Quick Links drop-down menu or Left-hand menu
- Select Account Information (top right corner of the screen)
- Select What's my user id?
- Follow the prompts - (you will need to provide your last name AND your 7 digit student ID number which can be found on your registration confirmation page OR your social security #).
- Your user ID name will display on the screen.