Vodcasting for iTunes U: Step by Step
- Equipment Needed:
- If you don't already have the free iTunes U player, download at: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
- Create a script, outline or talking points.
- Record your video.
- For iTunes U convert movie file to MPEG4 (H.264) or .mov (Quicktime). Note: Quicktime movies cannot be viewed on Microsoft platforms without a Quicktime player (not available for mobile devices).
Free software to convert many types of files produced by digital cameras is MPEG Streamclip for Mac and Windows. Choose the version and get to this download page:
Choose the Download Installer (red arrow). After the program is installed. Open the MPEG Streamclip window.
Use the MPEG window to open the video file you created:
In the the File sublist, choose Export as MPEG4. Notice the presets.
- SmartBoards, webcams and Windows Movie Maker produce .wmv files. Software that converts those files for iTunes U and other mobile devices is Media-Convert. This is an online service that converts many types of file on their server. You download the finished product.
- Go to the iTunes U page on Bucks' Faculty Web Resources site.
- Use the link to the iTunes player to download iTunes, if you do not have that on your computer.
Congratulations, you are now read to Upload your podcast to the Bucks iTunes U site.
Find step-by-step directions in the How to Upload Files to Bucks site oniTunes U site document on the iTunes U page.