Podcasting: Step by Step
- Equipment Needed: Headset and Mic. Recommendation would be Andrea anti-noise, ANC 750 Sign up for free iTunes U player: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
- Get authenticated to use Bucks iTunes U, include pic of yourself and department so a page can be created for you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Free recording software: Audacity and LAME MP3 Encoder: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/
Choose windows, Mac or Linux.Unix platform. That takes you to a download page.
Choose the Audacity Installer (top red arrow).
After Audacity installs, go back to the download page and from Optional Downloads, download LAME MP3 encoder. (Bottom red arrow)
Unzip the LAME encoder file on your computer.
The first time (and only the first time) you try to explort as MP3 (the format required for iTunes), a dialogue box will ask you to find the encoder.
Click on Find Library. Browse to the LAME MP3 encoder and click on it and your file will export as MP3.
- Script: An outline or talking points:
- Open Audacity and use the round red button to record, the blue double bars to pause, the yellow square to stop, and the green sideways triangle to play. The captured sound will look like the blue image in the gray box.
- Go to the iTunes U page on Bucks' Faculty Web Resources site
- Use the link to the iTunes player to download iTunes, if you do not have that on your computer.
Congratulations, you are now read to Upload your podcast to the Bucks iTunes U site.
Find step-by-step directions in the How to Upload Files to Bucks site oniTunes U site document on the iTunes U page.