NEW TOTAL Lab student Orientation Information
What will happen during the orientation?
If you are a NEW student to TOTAL Lab classes you must attend an on campus orientation. Dates and times of the on campus orientation can be viewed under the link orientation dates and times. You can expect the orientation to last about 1 hour.
The day and time listed in course manager or on this website denotes designated TOTAL Lab orientations. You only need to attend one orientation to begin your coursework. It is at this time that you will receive your course format and course materials. The TOTAL Lab will be explained in detail so that you will know:
- How to log into your course space through Canvas
- What textbook/s to purchase
- How and where you can submit your assignments
- Who is your lead instructor
- How you can reach your lead instructor for questions
- When you can expect your lead instructor to be in the TOTAL Lab
- Answers to many other questions.
You cannot start your course work until you have attended an orientation.
Students who have previously taken TOTAL Lab Courses
If you have successfully completed a TOTAL Lab class you may attend an on campus orientation or complete your orientation online. The online orientation is located in your Canvas course space. Once you log into your course space, click on the TOTAL Lab Online Orientation link.
Log into your Canvas course space at: http://online.bucks.edu
- Username: Your new user account will consist of your last name and first initial, and if necessary, followed by a random number. For example, John Smith's user account will be smithj4567
- Password: Your initial password for all systems will be reset to "bd" followed by your birthdate in mmddyy format. (Example: bd042372 for 4/23/72). You will need to establish your new password immediately, which is 6-9 characters in length, using letters & numbers. You should also establish a password hint at this time.
- To obtain your new user account go to http://www.bucks.edu and select WebAdvisor. Select Account information (bottom right corner of the screen) then select What's My User ID? and follow the prompts. You will need to provide your last name AND your 7 digit student ID number OR your social security #. Your new user account name will display on the screen
Note: If you registered late, there may be a short delay in activating your Canvas login.