Database Administrator 2008
Don't be left behind! It is time to certify/recertify! Do you need to learn about normal forms and database optimization, administration and design, creating databases using the SQL Server Management Studio with T-SQL code, implementing indexes to improve the performance of your database, to enforce rules and data standards by using triggers, stored procedures and advanced administration solutions, implementing a backup/recovery plan, failover clustering, database mirroring, database snapshots and data replication. Prerequisites: A solid foundation in Microsoft Windows Desktop O/S, Internet technologies, knowledge in reading and writing simple and complex SQL statements, and advanced data manipulation techniques. You should have taken the SQL Server 2008 Implementation and Maintenance course WITAC 2510 prior to registering for this course.
In this MCITP course the you will learn the following skills:
- Understanding the SQL Server's Role
- Installing SQL Server 2008
- Working with Administration Tools and Command-Line Administration
- Designing Database Solutions, Capacity Planning and Normalization
- Implementing Database Solutions, Creating Tables, Indexes, Views, Triggers, Stored Procedures
- Creating Jobs, Operators and Alerts
- Performance Monitoring and Tuning
- Policy Based Management
- Backup and Restoration
- Authenication and Encryption Best Practices
- SQL Server Failover, Mirroring, Snapshots and Replication
The skills measured for the exam can be found at:
When you pass Exam 70-450: Designing, Optimizing and Maintaining a Database Administrative Solution Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008, you complete the final requirement for the following certification:
- MCITP: Database Administrator
Required Certification for MCITP
To receive the MCITP: Database Administrator certification you must already have the following MCTS certification before taking the MCITP certification test:
- MCTS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance (Exam 70-432)
Course # WITAC 2511
Text: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Administration by Tom Carpenter Exams 70-432 & 70-450, ISBN 978-0-470-55420-3.
Click here to register for this course.
For directions on how to register click here.
To request more info about any of our courses please contact us 215-968-8132 or email@example.com.